Clint and I have been reading through my old journals. He searches through the pages until he sees his name and then reads them to me. It's a lot of fun and I thought I'd share some of them. Keep in mind that I am 18 years old when writing these and desparately in love with Clint!! :) Actually - it was a constant battle, always trying to surrender my feelings for Clint, wanting God's will above my own.
7/11/99 (Family Camp - when I'm starting to think he may like me too!) He says he was smooth but I don't know! :)
Clint has definately been uncomfortable around me - like I have him. He avoids most eye contact with me - if there are a group of girls and I'm in it, He avoids looking at me. Today when we said goodbye - it felt weird. Neither of us were really bubbly and I felt like I looked deeper into his eyes. (what would my mom say??!)
It has been strange, Lord. I really don't know what the future holds but I do know that I want to live it with You and completely in Your will.
8/14/99 (on a vacation in Colorado...Megan and Kory were just recently married)
Lord, please forgive me for thinking of Clint too much. On the way up, Kory was talking about how he and the guys and Clint skied out here. As I looked at the slopes, I didn't think of Your Awesomeness - I thought of Clint!!
7/11/99 (Family Camp - when I'm starting to think he may like me too!) He says he was smooth but I don't know! :)
Clint has definately been uncomfortable around me - like I have him. He avoids most eye contact with me - if there are a group of girls and I'm in it, He avoids looking at me. Today when we said goodbye - it felt weird. Neither of us were really bubbly and I felt like I looked deeper into his eyes. (what would my mom say??!)
It has been strange, Lord. I really don't know what the future holds but I do know that I want to live it with You and completely in Your will.
8/14/99 (on a vacation in Colorado...Megan and Kory were just recently married)
Lord, please forgive me for thinking of Clint too much. On the way up, Kory was talking about how he and the guys and Clint skied out here. As I looked at the slopes, I didn't think of Your Awesomeness - I thought of Clint!!
As I look back on those days - it was such a good time for me. All was unknown - except that God was in Control. Actually that is how I feel now with our adoption too. God continues to be with me - teaching me to live in Faith!! Lord, I praise YOU!


5 comments:
Jami,
I loved this!!!! All of us have been in that struggle between our own desires and the Lord's will. I loved the line about when looking at the mountains you though of Clint, it just makes me smile... (as I am sure it made Clint smile). What a great story for your children and grandchildren!!!
Jami,
You make me smile! It is fun to read your blog and it is just like talking to you--I can just imagine you saying it (hand motions and all!) :) I am praying for you all.
Love, Carissa
Jami-
That is awesome. It gives me warm fuzzies! I wished I had kept journals like that. It is neat when you look back on your life and see how far we have come!
When you looked at the mountains and saw Clint, was it because of his ruggedness or just knowing he'd "skiied" on that same ground before? : )
I vote for more journal entries- love them!
I vote for more journal entries too!
Post a Comment