Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bye Bye Duvet Cover


It's been 6 1/2 years and I have to THROW AWAY my duvet cover. It has been washed too much (imagine that!) and is starting to rip. The other night I was trying to readjust the down filler inside and the filler popped out...riiiiipp! Fortunately, I still have my quilt from my wedding that I never used (see picture). :) I actually made my bed today, which leads to another conversation...how often do you make your bed?? Then, today I was adjusting my pillow and the pillow case ripped too! Fortunately, Clint has agreed to let me get a Bed Bath and Beyond gift card with credit card points to buy new sheets. I plan to get 300 count +. I'm SO excited!! Oh, the little things in life... Megan, how's your cover holding up??
By the way, I have completely finished one load of laundry (folded, put away) since our last conversation. One is dry and in a basket on top of the dryer and one is dry, still in the dryer. I also have a pile on our bathroom floor since 2 days ago. I thought that if I kept it out, I would do it faster. Not working. Better throw it back into the basket! Will I ever learn?! :) Oh, and for the record, I use ALL liquid detergent - Not TIDE.

3 comments:

Jill said...

You bed looks really nice on the web! It is funny you wrote about it...I just got a new duvet for Christmas to try to snaz-up our Martha Stewart, K-mart bedding:) I would loooove a new bedding ensemble, but the checkbook says "no-way", it can get to be expensive, especially if you go for quality (which, obviously I didn't).

For the record, I do, usually, make our bed everyday. It is a mental thing for me. Even if other things are out of place, atleast it looks like I attempted to clean up the house and I like fresh feeling sheets at night.

Let us know how those 300ct. cotton sheets work out...do they really feel better?

Enjoying reading your blog:)
Jill

Taylor said...

We are so hot all the time anymore when we sleep, that I have put away our big fancy comforter for our little ole' summer quilt that came from Walmart (i love walmart, too). I have been hounding Kyle to let me get a new one, but he always says, we'll talk about it later, which means no. So, here we are in winter with Summer bedding - I think it is kind of nice, but would enjoy a winter quilt. I do make our bed about 4-5 times out of a week. I always thought that it was because we were lazy that our bed didn't get made, but I would say it is probably just our generation - there is too much living to do to worry about little things like that!!!

Marla H. said...

I, like Jill, make our bed everyday.....It's one of those things that I have to get done for me to feel like my day is and will go okay. I know, I know....it's crazy! Oh well....By the way our comforter is starting to rip out as well....Andy got it before we were married so it's lasted about 8 years! Even though it's starting to rip....it may have a little life left in it! 300 ct. sheets....NIIIICE!
Marla

Blog Widget by LinkWithin