Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Grocery Shopping Continued...


Okay, so today was the day. I was on a mission. I planned my meals for the rest of the month and then I headed out to Aldi's. I filled the shopping cart to the brim and only spent 101.00!! Oh, I LOVE Aldi's. Then I headed over to Walmart where I spent only 85.oo. This included Raegan's diapers - a box of 92 Luv's. So, I'm feeling very excited. I actually got quite a few snacks to have around and even bought my food for cooking club! We got a lot of meat for Christmas so I did have a lot on hand previously. Now the question is, will the food last until the end of the month? The good news is that I still have 100.00 to play around with - get fruit or other essentials (or non essentials for that matter). Now, we are not eating at home each night - it's my birthday month and v-day so we will be going out and some nights we just scrounge around. In fact, I have "scrounge around" marked in for a few of those meals. So remind me to inform you at the end of the month if this worked, was worth it, etc.!! :) Adios!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! That's awesome that you have all your menu planning done--I'm curious what you're having? I try to do that most of the time--plan menus, but I'm always looking for new things to fix!Do you stick with basic favorites or do a lot of different types of meals?
I love to go to Aldi's and save money :) In fact I think I've been married to Matt long enough that it's getting hard to enjoy spending money. That's probably a good thing! Not that he's cheap--just thrifty, and his 'wanter' is set a lot lower than mine :)
I have to admit to being a wee bit envious--I had a trip to Walmart and Aldi's all planned for after Bible Study on yesterday, Matt was even going to be here to keep all our (sick) kids at home--and it decided to snow, so I got stuck going to Gibson to County Market, knowing I was spending twice as much (well, almost :) when I had gotten myself all excited about all the money I was going to save. Like we were literally out of almost everything--milk, bread, eggs, fruit, snacks....Matt asked what he should feed them for lunch, then suggested pb&j, and I said "uh, we're out of bread". So they had leftover pancakes I'd stuck in the freezer :) Guess I better quit rambling or I should start my own blog! Very interesting topic Jami & I loved reading everybody's responses!
Janelle

Kristy said...

Ok, love the "scrounge around"- will have to use that. So funny!

Taylor said...

If you make it a month on $185 for food - I am coming down there and dragging you up here to show me your tricks and tips!!! I think the only way to go to the grocery store and not over spend is to definately have a menu planned out!!! Way to go girl!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin