Thursday, May 17, 2007

If at first you don't succeed....try try again

So tonight was the night. I've been telling the girls all week that Thursday night, they will sleep together. It started out great - started out being the key words here. They were bathed, read to, sang to, prayed with, "watered" and ready. Then we left the room. At first they were quietly talking and Clint and I both said..."Don't expect this to go that good." We left the room around 8:45. Needless to say, we were back up there several times. Once Paige came out saying, "Daddy, Raegan's being wild." (imagine that) The funny thing was when Clint went back in, Raegan was in the same position he had left her...looking a little bewildered by this new situation! Anyway, pretty soon Raegan started crying for her bed "my bed, my bed." We kept saying "This is your bed now...you're a big girl...you and Paige get to share..." All Raegan said back was "NO this Paige's bed...My bed..." We tried the firm approach...we tried the nice approach...but 45 minutes later we decided to just put Raegan back in her bed. We are planning to move Rae after she falls asleep so she wakes up with Paige. Good idea...bad idea...I'm not sure but we're going to try it!

Paige is very excited...Rae - not so sure!


On another note: I just got a call at 9:30 from Mall Security!
It went something like this:
"Hello, Jami this is so and so from Mall Security. Are you missing anything?"
"I don't know...what am I missing?"
"Well, maam - I have a black leather purse..."
"Oh my goodness...my purse!! Where was it?"
and so on...
We were out tonight - ran in to get a Gloria Jeans (mmm mmm White Chocolate Caramel Chiller) and somehow my purse fell off the stroller in Bergners (parking lot) I assume! Some dear soul turned it in to security for me!! It has everything in it....WOW! This has never happened to me before. Thank goodness there are honest people in town!
What a night!!

6 comments:

Mrs. Hany said...

Good luck with the sleeping arrangements, I am sure after a few attempts, they will grow to love it! Also, yeah about your purse! I love to hear about people doing the right thing!

Anonymous said...

WOW what a night... I am sure Reagan will like sleeping in a big girl eventually. On a side not Andy and Steve shared a bed until Steve was 16 and they are the best of buds.

Danae

Anonymous said...

oops... I meant to say big girl bed,sorry for the omission

Danae

megs @ whadusay said...

Sounds like trouble to me - eventually it is bound to work! We will be attempting the same thing later this summer. The boys will be moved to one big boy bed that they will be sharing. I am nervous already!

Kristy said...

Megan, you're not wanting to do 3 cribs? : ) Wouldn't that be something. We plan on keeping Cade in his crib as long as possible. He's so short and climbing hasn't occurred to him yet. However, he holds on to the rail and bounces- I'm hoping he doesn't sproing himself right on out!

Katie said...

Jami-
I remeber sharing a room wiht my sister and we are the best of friends now. It will work give it time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin