I was cleaning out my old room at home and found some of my "art" projects from highschool.
Now I know it may come as a shock, but art is not my best subject! :) In fact, I only took 1 semester of it!
I'm not quite sure who he is or why I made him but we'll just call this one "mask"
(i am so stinkin' creative!!) :D
this one we'll call "4 leaf clover"
Oh, this one is one of my favorites! I named it "absence of thought" but my family has renamed it, the "one armed bandit" :)
I was pretty proud of this one! Uh huh!!
I was inspired to put on a show because (my baby sister) Leslie was just here. She showed me her power point presentation that she has to do tonight in class. It was all about her art and what inspires her work. I thought I'd give you a little taste of her AMAZING abilities! I am not just saying it...well just look on, her art speaks for itself!!! :) SHE IS SO TALENTED!! :) (right now she is rolling her eyes, but deep down...she loves it!) :)
Unfortunately - I can only put these two on now. I will get more and post them later.
This is an unfinished product. Can you believe though, it is going to be a functioning tea pot. Yes, I said tea pot. Wilbur (from Charlottes web) is the spout and Alice (from Alice in Wonderland) is the handle. You can sort of see Alice on the second pic. where Leslie is ever so delicately taking her project to be fired in the kiln. :)
"Mommy when I grow up, I'm going to paint a picture just like this one!"
I asked her if I was the best artist ever? Even better than Aunt Leslie. She said "oh yes!" :) :)

3 comments:
wow. Leslie's talents never cease to amaze me! It turned out better than I could have imagined . . .and that's just from seeing it in those two pictures!
And yes Jami . .. you're extremely talented too. : )
Jami, if you don't think you are talented, I need to show you some really untalented work!!! Leslie is amazingly gifted. Someday when I have a home again I would love to have her up and help me decorate! Anyway, it was very cute of Paige too!!! Our kids are so sweet to us - especially when we need to hear those sweet things.
I must say, that is an amazing tea pot Leslie! Where you come up with an idea like that, I'll never know! Very creative!
Mindy :)
Post a Comment