I just smiled to myself thinking how cute she was like that. Then a few minutes later she woke up crying (because Hudson grabbed a remote control and banged her in the head...) :) As I looked down to where she had been lying I noticed something...a graham cracker with ONE bite taken out of it. The graham cracker was lying directly beneath where her head had been!! It appeared as though she had immediately fallen back to sleep after taking only one bite! :)
Speaking of sleeping...am I alone in the fact that naptime is one of the greatest times of day!! I remember hearing that from other moms and thought to myself...I don't agree with that. I really enjoy spending time with my kids! (that was probably when I had only one kid!) :) Seriously - I do love spending time with my kiddos but OH MAN DO I LOVE it when they are playing quietly in their rooms or fast asleep! :)
How do you spend your downtime? Do you fall hard onto the couch hoping to get some shut eye? Do you try to clean up? Do you blog? My activites vary but I often enjoy a nap right along with them! :)
On another note - several posts ago I made a challenge to read the Bible every single day for one year? Some of you said you would join me. Are you still with me? Who else wants to join?
Okay this concludes my myriad of thoughts! Have a lovely day!! :)

5 comments:
depends on my week if I have a busy weekend coming up then I don't normally nap with the kids, but if my weekend is empty and my week has been easy I find myself sleeping with them. I do enjoy a nap :) It feels so good. I also have to say that if my morning is empty after i drop elijah off at school that I head back to bed at 8:30....putting caden back to bed too(which he usually doesn't mind to much:))
I am actually not starting my 365 challenge until the new year. I am not doing as good as Id like to on my bible reading...maybe I should use those nap times for reading time. I wish I could say I have read everyday like you jami. Good job and keep it up!!!!
Enjoy your cooking day tomorrow!!! You will need a nap after that:)
Oooooow...sign me up with the reading everyday challenge. I'm reading through the OT right now and am in Job...but I miss reading days a lot. I'd love the accountability. When my kiddos are down I like to blog, make hot cocoa, work on editing/ordering pictures and crossing anything off my list that can be done fast...but I never nap. If a fall asleep in the middle of the day, I wake up really crabby. =o)
Andria S.
I do TRY to read the Bible everyday but I feel that sometimes if I am not going to give it the attention it deserves that I should just wait. As far as what I do when Grace naps - I teach a section of Modern History and two sections of Government! I think that it is also healthy for your kids to see you reading the Bible and not just while they are asleep. There is a lot of merit in a child understanding Mommy and Daddy putting time aside from all activities to spend time with the Savior.
I sleep right along with James, then Jason comes home and wonders what I have done all day. Oh well. HEE
I am in for the bible reading everyday. Thanks for the inspiration.
I think we've bought our plane tickets for Florida!! We can't wait to meet your cute girls!!!
Post a Comment