Hello friends - my blog has been pretty blah lately but I have been inspired! I was spending time with my Lord today and got really excited because He is so wonderful!
This Christmas season has been our most stressful one ever. We have been so busy and I'm sure we are still adjusting to having 3 children as well. I've been spending time with Jesus but I realized today that I wasn't leaning on Him like I should have been. I teach a couple exercise classes a week and just added on another program in October. This has been causing me stress because I have to learn so many new things and then teach it, video tape myself and then turn it in to get certified! Fortunately I've got my video done and feel a great sense of relief. All of this added to the busyness of the past months.
Instead of really leaning on Christ and asking him to help me...I think I was just trying to get through it. Sometime in the past 2 weeks the light bulb clicked on and I stopped running and fell back into his arms! Throughout our adoption process, I needed Him so much and clung to Him but somehow when life becomes normal again...it's easy to forget that we still need Him just as much.
It amazes me how our circumstances can be the same but when I'm looking to Jesus and asking Him to fill me - my outlook is much better. Now I have never had a severe illness nor have I lost a parent, spouse, or child but I know that even then Jesus is there. I have seen Him shine through those who are facing the worst of circumstances...I see the hope and peace in them even while they are hurting greatly. Jesus is there. I praise Him and I need Him.
I love you all! I would love to hear from you. You can share a lesson that you have recently learned or a time when you felt his nearness in a new way. Let's exhort each other and continue to grow closer to Him!!
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Peace...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jami,
This is such a beautiful post!
I can say from experience that when I was going through a difficult adoption journey (Abbie was my 2nd referral) or when I lost my Dad at age 18, those are actually the times in life when I have felt closer to the Lord. I know that He is there all the time, but during those times, I could truly feel Him holding me! I also "see" Him, when I look into the eyes of my daughter. It was through Him, and only through Him, that I became a mother!
Thanks for such a beautiful post!
Happy New Year!!!
Love,
Karen
Hello Jami. Thanks for sharing. I have to agree that thru infertility & thru losing our Mikail (0-6 mos. foster child) that I grew tremendously. My life is not how I pictured it :), but it is more exciting since I gave it up to Christ (I am talking about repentence, but more specifically I gave up my will after I realized we may not ever have bio. children :)). I am also experiencing just being blah right now. So terrible to say about motherhood as it is so beautiful, but I think mom's know what I mean. I told my dad recently that it is actually more humbling to be blah then it is to be going thru something difficult. I guess it is probably because we lean on Christ or because we have pride in accomplishing something difficult. It truly is a journey to give up pride in all areas & phases of life. God Bless. -JennyGutwein
Post a Comment