Aw, friends thanks so much for all of your comments here and on facebook from yesterday's post. Thanks for your prayers, words of encouragement and support. I have to tell you that my heart has been full of flutteries. And, I have felt like dancing - sometimes you just gotta do a jig, you know?!! The Lord is up to something and I am just excited to see what it is!!
Friends, this adventure called faith - there is NOTHING like it! I'm praying that we will all get to know Jesus more and more. He is AMAZING!
On another note, I have been preparing a talk to give to a lovely group of moms for November 20th. My topic: Making the Most of Motherhood.
Interestingly enough, since getting the request to speak on this topic, motherhood as been more challenging than ever! I firmly believe that He gave me this speaking assignment to change a lot of things in my own life. I have learned (and still am learning) oh so much.
Today I would love to hear from the moms out there. Even if you only have time to answer one question (particularly #1), I'd really appreciate it. And feel free to answer anonymously.
1. Do you find it challenging to make the most of your season of motherhood? Why or why not?
2 What has been the most (or one of the most) difficult aspect of your mothering journey?
3. What is one of the greatest (perhaps unexpected) blessings of your motherhood journey?
4. What is one of the best pieces of advice you've received as a mom?
Thanks so much my friends! I would absolutely love to pray for you. If you have a specific concern or request, just email me! Enjoy your Tuesday all!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Making the Most of Motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi Jami,
I sneak in and visit your blog via Flying Kites. I am not sure what season of motherhood I am in. Late summer maybe. I have 5 kids ages 21,19,17,15 and 13. I have made many mistakes. Mistakes that taught me a lot and made me a better mother. I would have read with them more, played with them more, prayed with them more and enjoyed them more. But that is just how it is we always want more. It is funny really I hesitate giving advice. The older I get the less advice I want to give. It may come back to haunt me. :) But since you asked for it I guess the best advice I can give is spend time with your kids, enjoy them, be there friend. Don't let your life become so busy that you miss out on the fun family at home times. Stay home with them let them see you content I think it makes them more happy and content. Enjoy them at each and every age because it all goes so quickly. Good Luck on your talk just speak from your heart and enjoy.
In Him,
Susie
1. Do you find it challenging to make the most of your season of motherhood? Why or why not?
Yes, sometimes...and the times I so need a reminder to slow down, breath and live in each moment...He sends a GREAT big huge reminder. I have learned many times to not rush it, but to enjoy it...easy lessons no...but worth it!
2 What has been the most (or one of the most) difficult aspect of your mothering journey?
Learning I am NOT in control! It was the main reason I didn't want to be a mom...I wouldn't have control over everything...that sounds yucky but its the truth! As a girl with pride and control issues...its hard being a mommy and trusting God to be in control!
3. What is one of the greatest (perhaps unexpected) blessings of your motherhood journey?
Two little boys who have taught their momma what grace and love looks like lived out!
4. What is one of the best pieces of advice you've received as a mom?
It came from God one morning while I was 'desperate' for help in being a new mom...
"I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word." Psalm 119:147 (NIV)
Jami I am so excited to join you in praying for this talk you will give...excited to see all He does in you and through you! I love you my friend!
I do have a hard time making the most of this season in motherhood. I feel like I am always neglecting one child's need to fulfill the other child's need. My kids are 7 months and 2 1/2. The 2 1/2 year old is potty training, so running to the potty is a common thing in our house. I would love to feel like I have more time to sit on the floor and play with my 7 month old. He sleeps about 4 more day time hours than my daughter did at his age. He is a good napper. Because of this, I really have a hard time fitting in "enough" time. When he wakes from his nap, his sister often wants to go outside and swing or go for a stroller ride or something of that nature. I try to get her to wait a little while, but it is so hard to balance it. Because of all of this, I have a hard time feeling like I am making the most because I don't see it in what I'm doing. Also, since my husband and I moved 3 months ago, we have not had any time to spend together just as a couple. Each time we plan a night out, something happens. I am very discouraged right now in my season of motherhood and feel very burnt out. Partially due to the demands of having 2 kids so close together in age and partly due to the fact that I haven't had a break in so long that I can't remember the last time I went anywhere without a child.
I am not sure I can give advice, but I am taking Susie's advice to heart and enjoying my kids more today!
Thanks for the perspective!
The best advice: I was crying to an older woman because I had really blown it with my kids one day... I said to her how upset I was that I felt like I was "scarring" my children. Her response surprised me... She said,"Of course, you will scar your children. If you didn't, you would become their God and they would worship you instead of the Father." That really deflated any pride I had and helped me remember my job in motherhood is not to be perfect but to point my children to the PERFECT ONE!!
Post a Comment