Hello faithful bloggy friends.
How to say this? We just got another NO. The most recent birth mom (#5 since Sept. 1) chose another family. This one hit me hard. My heart still hurts and I don't fully understand but Clint and I both have a strong sense that God is calling us to action. It just may look different then we were originally thinking. A lot of things have happened even today that we can't ignore. I'll be more specific another day but will you just pray for guidance, wisdom, and clarity.
Please also pray for me as I quite simply....hurt. I was feeling so expectant - so expectant that this was our time. It still may be. Just not how I expected.
I know God is up to something and I don't doubt Him but that doesn't mean the tears don't fall.
Thanks for your love, for your support and prayers. I love you, dear friends.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Raw Emotions
Labels: our domestic adoption journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Thanks for sharing. We are still praying for you!
Oh, Jami I am tearing up. I am so sad for you in this moment. I KNOW that God has something and He will lead you and Clint in the right direction. Just keep seeking Him through the disappointment. All your friends love and care for you and are praying that God shows HIS will to you soon.
Hugs,
Leah
PRAYING FOR YOU ALL! And totally understand! Expecting for 2 years now and about ready to burst!
PRAYING!
Praying for you. Love, J
Praying for you Jami! Love you my friend.
Jami - we'll most definately continue to be prayerful. You all come to mind often throughout the week . . .now I'll just add wisdom for direction to my prayers!
I'm sure I can't fully understand understand all the emotions involved, I will be praying, too, for the comforting assurance that He IS at work . . .I always find alot of comfort in the thought behind, "Now unto Him who is able to do ABOVE and BEYOND all we can ask or imagine." It's comforting that when what I desire/hope for isn't happening, God dreams even bigger for me. I'll pray that for you today.
Dear Jesus this prayer will be an easier one to lift up this morning, as I myself am a girl who feels deeply and is emotional...but this morning I come to say thank you for these emotions...so that I can relate to my dear friend Jami...Oh Lord I lift my hands to You God and ask for such comfort for her aching, hurting, confused, and overwhelmed heart...Jesus please love on Your daughter...in very personal and intimate ways, remind her just how awesome You are...and comfort in this time when things seem so HARD! We love you Jesus! Thank You-Amen
I love you my friend and you are on my mind, heart and in my prayers. It is a HUGE honor to get to lift your beautiful name to Our God!
Hey Jami, I'm praying for you too... Love you tons.
My heart hurts for you Jami, and I'm not even in your shoes. I truly can't imagine. Thanks for always sharing your heart. I'm praying!
Oh, Jami. My heart aches for you. Praying, praying! I know He has a plan for your family but this is such a hard position to be in. Call if you're ready/need to chat. Love ya,
Kristy
"I pour out my complaint before Him; before Him I tell my trouble. When my spirit grows faint within me it is Your who know my way."
Psalm 142:2-3
Yet this I call to mind and therefor I have hope; because of the Lord's great love for us we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself,
The Lord is my portion therefore I will wait for Him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; "It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."
Lam. 3:21-26
I have no words within myself to comfort you sweet friend, but I offer you the truth of His Word. Go back to what you know of Him...who He is...what He does...may your faith be in what you KNOW of Him.
i love you!
Amy
Hi Jamie---yes, I will be praying for you---it seems as tho Satan attacks us the most when something good is on the horizon. Keep your chin up and keep buried in HIS word.
Oh Jami, I am sorry. I admire so much how "raw" you are and how you said "I know God is up to something and I don't doubt Him but that doesn't mean the tears don't fall." So true, so wise.
I am definitely praying for you and Clint's direction and I am looking forward to seeing where God leads. I don't know what God is doing, but if you want me to connect you with the mother I know who adopted the babies out of foster care with drugs in their system, let me know. Again, I have NO idea if that's where God is leading, but let me know if it is.
Love you dear friend!!!!
Jami, I totally know what this feels like. It isn't fun at all.
There isn't much more to say. Just know that I am here if you ever need anything.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward mean is perishing yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal." II Cor 4:16-18
Thinking of you and sheading tears for you also. Keep the faith and we will anticipate with you what God has just around the corner for you.
Marie
Post a Comment