***I'm giving away a copy of Embracing Your Freedom by Susie Larson. Leave a comment by Sunday night and I'll post a winner on Monday!***
It's 6:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. I woke up at 5:30 to find myself squished between a sleeping husband and a sleeping Hudson! And so I moved by dear son back to his bed and then tried to fall back asleep (because 6:00 is early, people!) Instead, I found my mind racing.
Yesterday I went to a kickboxing class at the gym. I've often joked that I don't have enough aggression in me to throw big, bad punches and kicks. While telling that to a wonderful woman of God who happened to be kicking with me, she said that she focuses her fight on the enemy of our soul. I've been reading Susie Larson's book Embracing Your Freedom which talks about "God's heart for our personal freedom, for the plight of the suffering, and for a conviction to get involved with His work among those in need."
So I've been thinking of and praying for the twenty seven million modern day slaves around the world and yesterday I fought for them in Kick class. And, I fought for Christians who are living life doing the "right" things yet not even scratching the service of God's best for them. For Christians who are saved and yet floundering because they are caught in bondage to insecurity, fear, bitterness, and on it goes. For Christians who read the Bible because it's something they "should" do but are missing Him.
I took one hour to focus on what Satan is trying to do and every time I thought about him stealing our freedom, I punched harder and I prayed harder. My dear instructor friend even commented how I was in the zone and she was "scared of me!" By cool down, I had to make a mental shift "Okay Lord, now I need to focus on all of the people that I love again!" I walked out of that class breathless both physically and emotionally.
Friends, we need revival! Jesus calls us to live in FREEDOM but Satan wants nothing more than to steal that from us and He's doing it! Please know that my spirit is on fire right now but I am not speaking out of anger. My heart is burdened because I love you. I hurt when I see Christians missing Him. Jesus came to give Life and not only that but ABUNDANT life!
"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10 NKJV
It's 6:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. I woke up at 5:30 to find myself squished between a sleeping husband and a sleeping Hudson! And so I moved by dear son back to his bed and then tried to fall back asleep (because 6:00 is early, people!) Instead, I found my mind racing.
Yesterday I went to a kickboxing class at the gym. I've often joked that I don't have enough aggression in me to throw big, bad punches and kicks. While telling that to a wonderful woman of God who happened to be kicking with me, she said that she focuses her fight on the enemy of our soul. I've been reading Susie Larson's book Embracing Your Freedom which talks about "God's heart for our personal freedom, for the plight of the suffering, and for a conviction to get involved with His work among those in need."
So I've been thinking of and praying for the twenty seven million modern day slaves around the world and yesterday I fought for them in Kick class. And, I fought for Christians who are living life doing the "right" things yet not even scratching the service of God's best for them. For Christians who are saved and yet floundering because they are caught in bondage to insecurity, fear, bitterness, and on it goes. For Christians who read the Bible because it's something they "should" do but are missing Him.
I took one hour to focus on what Satan is trying to do and every time I thought about him stealing our freedom, I punched harder and I prayed harder. My dear instructor friend even commented how I was in the zone and she was "scared of me!" By cool down, I had to make a mental shift "Okay Lord, now I need to focus on all of the people that I love again!" I walked out of that class breathless both physically and emotionally.
Friends, we need revival! Jesus calls us to live in FREEDOM but Satan wants nothing more than to steal that from us and He's doing it! Please know that my spirit is on fire right now but I am not speaking out of anger. My heart is burdened because I love you. I hurt when I see Christians missing Him. Jesus came to give Life and not only that but ABUNDANT life!
"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." John 10:10 NKJV
Revival doesn't come from an event. Revival does not come in an arena full of loud music, powerful teaching, and profound worship. These experiences are amazing and hopefully leave us with a hunger and thirst for God Himself. But I believe true revival comes from getting down on our knees and doing the hard stuff of letting go of "me." Getting to know and love the ONE Himself. Living a life of obedience. Expecting Him to speak and then getting quiet enough to hear Him. Looking for Him every single day and allowing Him to FREE us.
That's the stuff of revival.
"And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for me with ALL your heart." Jer. 29:13 NKJV
I don't know where you are at today but I am praying for you, my bloggie friends. Praying that you will experience Him today because He is absolutely AMAZING!
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Gal. 5:1


12 comments:
I love it!!! Amen! Made me smile thinking about you kicking the crap out of Satan. He needs more whoopings from children of God. Satan loves that he has lulled so many to sleep. Have a great time in CA!
Thanks for your words of wisdom. The Lord has taken me to a place in the last year that has shown me that He is all I need in my life. I have to remind myself of this daily. I love reading your blog. Keep up the good work.
You make me smile! I love your posts and how real you are. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Sometimes when God answers a certain prayer or I am feeling Satan's presence and I kneel in prayer. I just have to say out loud "take that Satan!" I can picture you doing that in kick boxing!
What a GREAT idea for a work out! I think I'm going to use that next time at the gym. That's a great way to focus your day and get our minds off of ourselves. Thanks for the inspiration Jami!
Looks like a great book! I enjoy keeping up with you guys via your blog! Tell you hubby hello from the zauggs!
Jami, please pray for me. I am so bogged down with stuff that I am not living fully. Only God can help me out. Thank you for sharing this and working hard in kickboxing class. ;)
Count me in.
An
I love that~great post.
Sounds really good!
Ashton
I needed to hear this... feels like you're speaking right to me! Thanks!
Powerful! Fired up myself from reading this post! Susie is good at inspiring and shedding light on truth! I want a copy of her newest book!
Blessings!
Kathy
I love this idea of getting mad during workouts because of all the destruction Satan would like to dish out to us. Thanks for your heart Jami :O)
Donna
Post a Comment