Saturday, February 13, 2010

Do you struggle with this?

This Friday I am speaking to a group of women at a local church on the topic of God's love and I'm hoping to get some feedback from you.

I've entitled my talk "CHOSEN: Believing God's Heart for You, Sharing His Love with the World."

My question for you is this, do you ever struggle with God's love? With really believing and accepting His love? His love is not based on performance, it's not. Nothing you do or don't do changes the way He sees you. Do you believe this?

Do you find yourself striving to DO more for Him in order to gain approval from Him? When you mess up, do you worry that He loves you less? Do you feel guilty when you say no? If so, why do you think this is the case?

The way we were raised or the very fact that we live in a performance based society can definitely affect our thinking on this. I would love to hear your heart on this matter. Feel free to post anonymously if you'd like.

Thanks friends!

5 comments:

Flamingo said...

cool talk.

hmmmm...i don't know if this is directly related or not, but i do not feel significant if i do not feel "called" to something. i know that i relate significance with love. i can elaborate if you find this point fascinating:)

Jami said...

hey flamingo! :) please do elaborate. I think that you've hit on something very common to women...maybe men too. i'm emailing you right now.

Flamingo said...

ok...here's the deal of how i just came to discover this about me. when we were "called" to adopt i was overwhelmed by the thought that he was thinking of me. during those years (yes years:), i heard him speaking clearly to me in so many ways. i felt signficant. not prideful or grandiose in the earthly sense, but signficant in that he was thinking of ME! i was important to HIM.
once we came home and now i'm in the quietness of my life i suddenly became "itchy" in looking for the next thing. after lots of self probing i came to the discovery that the reason i was feeling discontent was that i felt ignored. i suddenly questioned if he had anymore presence in my life. it felt quiet. i felt ignored. i questioned if was unworthy to be called again to anything. i felt insignficant. i felt unloved. i'm working through this still:) i hope i make sense...i'mm writing from McDonald's :)

Amy said...

I do struggle with it. I was raised in a Christian home and I know that the Lord loves me. But I find myself feeling like I am just not good enough or that maybe I won't make it to heaven. Sounds strange probably coming from a woman that was raised in a good christian home and was taught all about God's love and mercy...

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this pertains to your question or not but I would like to share. In preparation of Lent, being Catholic, I usually give something up or do a good deed. I often wonder if what I decide is good enough for God. This year I would like to teach my boys a prayer to memorize to say at bedtime. Then I thought maybe that wasn't enough for God so I thought maybe I should give up something as well such as chocolate. I struggle whether or not it is enough to show my love for Him. Jesus gave up so much for us, will my little things I do show enough for Him?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin