Saturday, February 20, 2010

So I had this conversation...

What a full weekend it's been. Friday I had the opportunity to share about God's love with a wonderful group of women as always GOD WAS FAITHFUL. Thank you Lord! Then on Saturday I got to share some more at a local adoption conference. I am just so filled up!! Feeling abundantly blessed!

Thanks to all who prayed me through this time as I prepared and spoke on Friday especially. I sincerely appreciate it. It was a challenging experience - preparing - because I felt such a burden to share GOD'S message and not my own. It was exhausting and yet exciting to see God work!

On another note...

The other night at dinner, Paige slid this note across the table to me.




Can you read that? It says, Dear Mommy, I think that I am old enough to do what I want to do.

(Clint had written the alphabet in cursive for her earlier in the week and she studied each letter working very hard to write this note. She must have thought that the cursive writing would give her the "I'm old enough" edge!)

She slid the note over to me and asked me to write her back.

I started writing and told her all about how I understand her feelings, and God knows best, and when she's older she'll be able to do more, etc. etc. etc.

And I slid the paper back over to her to which she replied "I don't want to wait. I want to be the boss!"

So again, I went into how I don't like to wait either but God knows best and I'm learning to trust Him. I continued, "You need to trust that I know best too. You'll feel better and be better when you trust." And then I asked her that most important question. "Will you trust me?"

And once again I handed the note back to her. As she read my words, a small smile crept across her face and I watched her right out her answer.

What did she say? "NO! I don't want to wait, I want to be the boss!"

You know, I can relate to the things my children say or how they act more than I would like to admit. Sometimes, I feel the same way. I don't want to wait. I question, complain, beg for answers, look for the next thing, and wonder why. Why aren't things working out the way I had hoped."

But God in His mercy continues to guide me with His love and because He loves me, He challenges me too. It comes down to this. God is God and I am not. As Paige's mom, I make decisions that she doesn't always like or understand but I do it because I love her and I can see things she cannot.

God is God and I am not.

When I try to take control and figure out the hows and the whys, I am miserable. I was never meant to carry my own burdens. He is strong, He is most capable and it's when I let go and give him my fears, worries, questions, and concerns that I am at peace, I am joyful, and I am simply amazed by His love!

God is God and I am not. Praise Him for that!

7 comments:

Marla said...

I can just see Paige doing this. Cute!

Glad to hear last night went well. I want to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

Paige sounds like a special young lady.

Jim Diamond

Anonymous said...

How do you read a girl like page?

Jim Diamond

Jami said...

Hi there, uh Jim! I saw you made an appearance again on Megan's blog too. You make me laugh. I love you Dad, uh I mean Jim! ;)

Thanks Mom - we'll talk soon! :)

Kathy Schwanke said...

Praising with you Jamie! I saw your post on Susie's blog and prayed for you. I have been there waiting on the Lord for His message, trying to get it just right~He always comes through doesn't He?

This is a great post. I love the exchange between you and your little girl! I remember seeing myself in my relationship w/ God as my daughter grew up.

(and I just found out I am going to be a gramma! OH MY!)

Sweet!
Love,
Kathy

Flamingo said...

i prayed for you in the shower:) lol
glad it went well. i LOVE the new blog picture...you look beautiful!

Sissy said...

I struggle with His timing every day, wondering why I am still waiting. I know in my heart He has a plan, but it is hard for me to sit still and lean on Him. Prayers for me, please.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin