Oh, my the rain is just pouring down!! I tried to run some errands and was soaked. Even just dropping off library books got me soaked and I was just reaching out the window!
On another note...I was talking with Amber today and she asked me how my "new" grocery shopping was going. I told her I wasn't going to post untill I had some really good news but then decided that I should update you. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, look back to an older post labeled "grocery shopping.")
Here's the scoop. Unfortunately, I am still overbudget....but not extremely so AND I still planning on bringing it down. Again, my monthly budget is approx. $360.00 for groceries. (This includes diapers, etc., pretty much everything I get at Walmart...but does not include cleaning supplies, TP, and paper towels.)
So January I was $76.23 OVER.
I subtracted this out of February's month and ended up at $61.42 UNDER.
Then in March I was back to 45.00 OVER...but I did buy 100.00 worth of beef (30#) so I feel a bit justified in this.
This leaves my TOTAL FOR THE YEAR at $59.90 OVER BUDGET in the grocery department.
I'm will be subtracting the $59.90 from April's budget and plan to get back to UNDER BUDGET status. I still like doing my shopping in just one or two big trips a month. So I'm going to stick with that for now! :)
So there you have it...whether you care or not! :)

4 comments:
Cute pics Jami!! I loved playing in the rain as a kid! Brings back memories to see your girls.
Jami, I had to smile as I read your post . . .because I felt like I could "hear" you talking what you typed.
love you!
amber
Darling pics of the fun in the rain, and the cousin photo session. Your girls are so beautiful! : )
Kristy
I am curious as to what you buy where? I am trying to come up with a budget for the next 6 months as we save for our downpayment on a house. I was hoping to get away with $350/mo for groceries and concentrating more on eating leftovers.
Cute pictures too! Sounds like you are doing pretty good really on the grocery thing!
Post a Comment