Monday, March 15, 2010

By Your Side

Back in May, I received a phone call from my sister with news of a baby girl born with Down Syndrome who needed a forever family. "Will you pray that her family is found?" she asked me. I was very happy to do that.

But as I hung up the phone, I heard God say something to me. Something I never expected nor really wanted to hear. Something that deeply unnerved me and scared me. He said, "Maybe you are to be her forever family."

I was scared. I was fearful. And yet, I felt Him stirring in my heart. "Are you going to trust me? Trust me more than you fear the unknown? More than you desire your own comfort and security? Are you willing to let go and give me your complete trust? Are you willing to allow me control of every aspect of your life?"

As I was driving my daughter to preschool, the next day, I was an emotional basket case. So many questions and concerns filling my heart - the battle was waging between my flesh and my spirit - between my fear and my desire to let go and trust. As I was crying out to Him, this song came on the radio.



Through my tears, I felt His love. I knew in my heart what He was asking me to do. And though I was still scared, I felt His peace. (I'm obviously only sharing my side, Clint had to work through this in His way too and we both felt His leading.)

Most of you know the rest of the story but if not, I will share more later.

As for today, I hope that you feel His nearness. I pray that you will give all your burdens to Him. I have had to do this again today. To release my anxieties, my fears, my questions, and uncertainties, my frustrations....at His feet. I am a complete mess without Him. But with Him by my side, with Him as my guide - I can handle whatever He asks of me - both the small things and the big.

Stay connected the the VINE. Release your cares into His ever capable hands. Trust Him enough that He can handle your life better than you can! Then keep your eyes focused on Him and follow His lead. One step at a time. He will never fail you!

"God paid a high price for you, so don't be enslaved by the world." I Corinthians 7:18

3 comments:

Mrs. Hany said...

Jami,
God laid you on my heart last night as I was praying myself to sleep. I knew I was to be specifically praying for you and your strength. I hope that all is well and know that you and your family are being lifted to Him. Love you girl!

Jami said...

Wow, Kirsten - that means SO much to me. Thank you my friend!

Leah said...

What a great reminder verse!!! I definately needed to hear that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin