Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I love the Body of Christ!



We're coming down to the final days of the DCFS project which is THIS Thursday and Friday. I have been praying for more balance during this prep time because the Catholic Charities project CONSUMED my thinking and time for the 3 + weeks prior to completing it. I've learned a lot from that - and have done some things differently and thankfully things have gone more smoothly. Thank You Lord.

If you are new to my blog and have no idea what I'm talking about right now, go ahead and follow this link for details on the aforementioned project or click the tab labeled "Foster Care" for more information. :)

Anyway, it is absolutely exciting to watch how the Lord is providing. And I'm trusting He will continue to meet all of our needs a(including our need for 2 sofas)! Facebook has been a wonderful tool in this. For example, I put out a need for dress up clothes and almost immediately my friend, Carrie stepped up and offered to donate some.

This happened several times - I would post a need in the morning and that afternoon, my doorbell would ring. There standing before me would be a dear friend holding diapers, or another dropping off play food, or another art supplies. It's awesome! God is AWESOME!

Last time (CC project), Kay called me to ask what she could do. As we brainstormed, I mentioned the need for dress up clothes. She is an amazing seamstress and so she got so very excited to make play clothes for the kids. "I feel like a kid in a candy store!" she often told me.

Recently, my Aunt Cindy called me up and asked how she could help. She is also an amazing seamstress and is going to make valences for the rooms!

Another friend, Brooke sells cute wall decals (www.uppercaseliving.com) which she donated for both projects!

During the Catholic Charities project, God provided JUST the right amount of volunteers and JUST the right amount of money that we needed - JUST RIGHT.

At the end of the final day of the CC project, Deb (who had been there the day before) came back. She was a gift from God at that moment because I was feeling so tired and my head was spinning as I tried to put the finishing touches on the room. Her fresh energy gave us the push we needed to finish!

And I could tell more stories!

What a blessing it has been for me to see the body of Christ working together. People listening to His Spirit and obeying His call to help, to give, and to use their specific talents for His glory. We each play a role, like a small piece of a puzzle and when we follow His lead and allow Him to place us where He wants us, the end result is JUST BEAUTIFUL!

If you are feeling a nudge from God to be involved in some way with our DCFS project, go with that! And if not this project, just be about what He wants you to be about.
d
Listen to Him and go where He sends YOU! Do what He tells you to do.
d
He wants to make something BEAUTIFUL out of your life! I love you all!


1 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Do what he tells you to do....amen and amen!! Great post

Blog Widget by LinkWithin