Thursday, March 4, 2010

Project Day!!

It's only a little after 8pm but I have been laying in bed for the past hour and I don't plan to get up anytime soon! We worked at DCFS today and I am exhausted! Happy, filled up, excited to go back tomorrow but exhausted! :)

The Lord has been so faithful by bringing the volunteers He did today. Yesterday I got a call from a dear family from our church, Dennis and Pam asking if they could come and help. Dennis is very skilled at working with his hands and renovation projects. Had we not had Dennis and his family today, we would have been in big trouble!

When we pulled down the wallpaper, little bits of the walls came down with! We never would have guessed they would be in such bad shape. Fortunately, Dennis knew just what to do and had all the supplies needed. Because of the condition of the walls though we finished the day with only ONE room primed and part way painted!! The other room hasn't even been primed yet but the walls are in much better shape! Crazy!

We had 2 homeschooling families involved (Dennis and Pam's, and Andrew and Karen's) so we were blessed with a total of 7 children ranging from 8 - 15. I was struck with the beauty of that, children serving children.

Also-two sweet children who are currently in foster care came while we were there and I was so excited to show them some of "their" new toys. I was deeply touched as I held little "P's" hand and held her brother "L." They are the reason we're doing this remodel. We're making these rooms for them and kids like them.

I have been most blessed today!

Here are some pictures from our project so far. Prepare yourselves, I have a lot. :)
VOLUNTEERS!!

I love these baskets!!

Crazy girls!
And here are the rooms...

Room 1
Room 2




This is how we left the rooms tonight...



4 comments:

Marie Stork said...

How fun! I so wish I could drop by and help out but with work and my schedule I could not make it work out. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Leslie Ringger said...

cool! makes me excited for tomorrow!!!

Mindy said...

Wow Jam! That looks like quite the project! So thankful for your helpers! I am excited to see the before and after pictures of these rooms!

(Is Kristy working on her bday?! What a sweetheart!)

Jess said...

OH Jami I am so proud of you! I am touched by little "P" and "L" coming in. I can only imagine how God was blessing them by you and your crew on such a tough day in their little lives.

Looking forward to tomorrow's pictures!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin