Friends, you are just wonderful! Thank you so much for all your encouragement. Your comments both online and in person have left me feeling so loved, so supported. I just have to tell you, you bless me indeed.
I am feeling better today. Clint and I have created our list of things to do - just writing it down helps so much. We have people helping us tomorrow and Saturday and that is comforting. My baby is still breathing loudly but I believe he is feeling better...though we're still at it with the treatments.
Last night (in the middle of the night) it was kind of sweet with him. Reminded me of days gone by when I used to be up with my baby girls for those middle of the night feedings. Now my girls are 7 and 5. Times flies by way to fast. Way. To. Fast.
Today I did have another meltdown though. Was trying to rush the kids out the door for D's (or you could say LM's) speech therapy. I was lovingly encouraging my children out the door...ahem actually it was much uglier than that but needless to say they all made it into the car but the clock read 9:30.
D's speech session starts at 9:30 and I realized I was going to be quite late and so I decided to cancel.
I called the office and trying to stay calm and all put together like, I told them I wasn't going to make it today. But my reality was this, the minute they answered "hello?" I lost it. Voice shaky, then tears, sniffling, and more tears. "Are you okay?" the nice lady on the phone asked me. "Oh, I'm sorry. We're moving this weekend and I'm just streeeesssed," I answered back through my tears. "I apol - (sniffle) - o (sniffle) - gize (shaky sigh).
Then I hung up the phone and leaned against the stairs and sobbed. Just sobbed. Geeped and geeped. The ugly cry for sure.
But then I stopped. And I felt better so I wiped my eyes and picked myself up and told the kids we're going to the park! We met a dear friend there and she had a starbucks waiting for me. And I felt loved. And I felt happier.
And now, though fighting the urge to be overwhelmed with the move, I am so thankful for all of you and even more for my Sweet Jesus who is with me and who has me in His arms of love.
All is well.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
the sky is brightening up a bit
Labels: moving, our foster care journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thinking of you especially this weekend. Love, J
I'm so glad the Lord is walking with you in this journey. I read your post last night and wanted to respond but time got away from me. Happy this morning to see the Lord's grace shining through, in even the little things.
oh jami lynn :) love you.
Just wondering why you have to go out for speach therapy - my twins do speach therapy and their therapist comes here to our house - SO MUCH EASIER - would this be an option for you? If I had to pack up my three kids for therapy, we'd be late every time!! Good Luck!!
A good cry does wonders doesn't it! There have been so many times I have read your blog and your feelings/struggles are exactly how I am feeling. Our situations maybe a little different or our stressors a little different, but the feelings the same. So thankful for you sharing your journey and what God is doing through that. Hang in there. I can totally relate to the stress of moving. We moved and had a child in the NICU and top that with post pardem hormones and well you have a mess!
praying for you today as you move! Can't wait to see the end result.
love you!
Megs
I tend to cry when I get really overwhelmed too, so I completely understand. And I have been following your sister's journey too, so I know you both have a lot going on. I'm so glad your friends are around you and being supportive.
Post a Comment