Wednesday, June 30, 2010

when the sky doesn't seem as blue

Hey friends, I really could use your prayers.

Can I just lay it all out? All that is going on in our life right now is hitting me hard. I have been in tears much of the night. I am weary, run down, and feeling overwhelmed.

My baby is sick. Double ear infections. Very congested. He has just been diagnosed with restricted airways (I think that's the term) which is on the road to asthma. I have to give him around the clock breathing treatments - every 4 hours. Though it is a small thing, the night ahead looms in front of me and kind of stresses me out. Each treatment takes about 10 minutes. His next one is at 10pm.

While at the dr. another realtor called to show our house today. Yesterday I took BB into the dr. as well (had to take him back today because of breathing) and yesterday a realtor also called to show our house. I am getting so tired of cleaning...

That day I was overwhelmed as well and posted it on facebook. A dear sweet friend, Alyssa called me and told me she and her friend would come over and do whatever I needed. So while I went to the dr., she swept my entire house, picked up, and babysat my other kids.

My hubs encouraged me to get away this evening and take some time for myself so I took a nap. He put all the kids to bed and now is working over at the new house. He is truly an amazing man and I love him!

And tonight I had some good conversations with friends (I cried, they encouraged) so I am experiencing the hands and feet of Jesus through my friends in very tangible ways. I am so grateful for this but I just felt the need to ask for your prayers.

With the move ahead (this Saturday) I also am starting to feel some sadness about leaving our home. We've been here 5 years (we thought we'd be here forever). I think I'm nervous that our new place will not feel like home - I'm nervous that it will feel like a work zone. Though really we're almost done, I'm just overwhelmed and so big and little things feel BIG.

And my sister is struggling and hurting. They are in China picking up their daughter and it has been hard. So please pray for them too. You can read more about their journey here.

So anyway, I know that I'll probably read this tomorrow and feel kind of embarassed but you know what, that's okay too. Tomorrow is a new day. Jill reminded me of this, His mercies are new every morning. "Focus at the task at hand. Don't get too far outside of the moment. Go to bed..." Amy said! And Nicole is taking my other kids while I take LM to speech therapy tomorrow morning. I love my friends!

The Lord has promised to go before me and prepare the way, He promises to strengthen me, to renew me, to fill me, to take on my burdens. And so I am going to go to bed with these promises in mind. Yes, I am. By His grace.

And maybe, I'll shed a fear more tears too because I am a woman after all.

Okay, that's all. Goodnight dear friends.

8 comments:

Amber said...

praying for you tonight Jami.

Mrs. Hany said...

Jami,
we are praying for you - a couple things I can relate with, Gracie has reactive airway disorder - it stinks, the breathing treatments stink (we do 2 a day even when she is not having a "flare-up") and you feel helpless because you really can not do a whole lot for them. Also keeping your house show ready with children in a nightmare. Just do what you can and know that the Lord will lead the right buyer to your house, clean or not! If you need a house full of dress up clothes, a trampoline and a sprinkler (okay there are some trucks and trains too!). Please do not hesitate to call me - the more the merrier! Also if you need anything done around either of your houses I will gladly come and help! PLEASE CALL!

Mrs. Hany said...

sorry, took a sleeping pill and did not realize I didn't finish a sentence, I meant to say your children can come to the house, that is unless you really enjoy princess couture and sprinkler trampolining then you are just as welcome!

On Purpose said...

I am SO proud of you my friend. I am honored to pray for you..and will continue to do just that! You my friend are a woman...a woman of God...and He loves and adores you very much. He has this all taken care of...please rest in His arms!

Taylor said...

Jami, thanks for being real and sharing your emotions. I will be praying for you and Megan....and if you would like a different face and help, I would be more than happy to come down and help with whatever you need - we have nothing to do here and Kyle is working insane hours all the time! Hang in there!

Jill said...

Praying for you today Jami. I hope today is a better day and your little guy gets to feeling better. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything at all! (even if it's just a Starbucks!) Good luck with the big move this weekend!

Laura said...

Our daughter has had asthma since she was 5 months old. She wasn't diagnosed that early, but that is when it all started. She takes Singulair and so does our younger son. They make it in a chewable pill and also in granuals that you can mix with yogurt, apple sauce, baby food, etc... It helps both of our children live more comfortably. It is worth asking about!

Linda Schuhmacher said...

Jami, I will I was closer I'd love to help out as well. What a blessing to have all the love & friends around you. It will get better & remember Come to me all you who are weary & burdened and I will give you rest. Sending prayers for you & your sister (thanks for sharing).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin