Saturday, June 19, 2010

Paige, the Evangelist

We've had possession of our new house for one week now and have been doing some painting. Tonight we took our kids over to show them the progress and play in the yard. I was still inside when I looked out to see two little girls walking over to my girls and so I went out to meet them.

We are so excited! Our backyard neighbors have three kids, ages 8, 7 and 4, and a puppy (my kids LOVE dogs and have been begging us for one and our answer is a firm no, :) but this works out just great). Our neighbor's younger two are girls and crazy enough, their 7 year old daughter's name is Paige! How fun is that?!

The kids instantly became friends and began running around our two yards with the dog. My girls are thrilled, as is LM but poor Hudson is afraid of the doggie. While they were running, he stayed inside and cried. Bummer. I think he'll get used to the pup soon enough though!

I met their mom who is a guidance counselor at our High school so that is cool and she is very nice and easy to talk with, which is also cool!

Anyway, tonight while getting ready for bed Paige said,

"Next time we go over to our new house, I'm going to ask the other Paige if she knows Jesus. If she doesn't I'm going to bring my Bible out and we can climb up in the big tree and I can teach her about Jesus. But if she does know Jesus, then maybe she can bring out her Bible too and we can sit in the tree and read together."

How cool is that?! It is such a blessing to see that tenderness for the Lord and for others growing in her heart!

The other day, she came to the dinner table (after being called several times). Clint and I were a little frustrated with her because she was taking so long but when she walked in she had her Bible in hand and with a sigh said, "I am so in to my Bible!"

Frustration....gone.

This is my greatest desire for my kids. That they will fall passionately in love with Jesus and allow His love to overflow in their hearts and spill out on those around them.

Tonight she prayed for our new neighbors that they would know and love Jesus and that is my prayer too.

Exciting stuff. Exciting!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Your posts are such a blessing to me. I'm so happy to have discovered your blog.

Jami said...

Thank you Gina! Your comments encourage me so much! :)

Leslie Ringger said...

i like that girl :)

Smileyface said...

what a little sweetie! this post made me cry, we pray our girls would grow to love Jesus like she is and share it with those around her. she is such a blessing! tell her i miss her and i'm looking forward to seeing your new house and doing piano lessons again!
and jami...i'm praying for strength and peace for you my friend as you continue to be superwife/mama!!! *HUG*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin