Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the way He made us

I am exhausted but yet I just have to write tonight. My body is tired but my heart is so full.

We are knee deep in painting our new house and at the same time trying to keep our "old" house clean so that we can show it when needed. I've been telling the Lord how weary I am of keeping a home sell ready but He keeps saying, be thankful. I know He has much to teach me during this time and by His grace I will continue to wait expectantly. I want to live with a thankful heart and not with a sense of entitlement. We have been given so much and I have no reason to complain. NONE. And so with His strength carrying me, I will keep pressing forward joyfully.

What has been amazing is watching the body of Christ in action. We have been the recipients of so much loving generosity by our family and friends.

Friends and family who have watched our kids for us so we could go paint or work on the new house, other friends who have come and helped us paint, my sister in law, Chelby brought us a meal out of the blue, my little 10 year old friend, Lexi has come over a few times to watch my kids so I could focus on laundry and other housework. And more.

I was talking with my dear friend, Sharon (who happens to be an interior designer) about the style I want for our new house which is "beachy cottagy."

I shared with her my ideas for carpeting and rugs and she helped me see that if I wanted the whole beachy cottagy thing, I should go a different direction. Then she offered to meet me at the carpet place the next day and help me go over my paint colors for the new place. So we spent an entire morning working on house stuff while another great friend, Jill and her daughter, Savannah babysat for me. While Sharon and I were out a realtor called and asked if he could show our house an hour and 1/2 later!

I called Clint (who ran home for me to start cleaning - isn't he a good man?!) and then called Jill (who was babysitting) to tell her what was going on. Her words, "Oh, actually we've been doing some cleaning for you already. I had the girls pick up their room, etc. etc." Seriously?! My friends ROCK!

Later that night Sharon came back to the new house while we were painting yet again (with another dear friend, Kristy!) and ran to some errands for me picking up the paint, supplies, and even bags of candy! (You could say candy would qualify as a necessity when working with friends, right under coffee, couldn't you?)

We laughed and talked and Clint told us we were much slower than he (which is true)

but we ENJOYED the moments, let me tell you. Efficiency is over rated, that's what I think!



Today, my sweet friends, Jill and Ashley came to help me paint. They both offered their help right out of the blue. (I am seriously blown away by the love and support we gotten.) Anyway, while we were painting Paige and Raegan's pink room (and sipping my pink raspberry white chocolate mocha frapp), I got two calls one right after the other from realtors wanting to show our house tonight!

So at 4pm I ran home and started cleaning. My sis in law, Chelby had come to babysit for the afternoon and my mom in law had also stopped in. In fact, when I came home, Mom was upstairs making beds for me!! Amazing! She stayed until Clint came home to help and I continued furiously running around cleaning, sweeping, wiping, praying "Lord, I'm tired - will you sell this house?!" and so on.

And so it all feels like craziness, I tell you! But what I am incredibly blessed by is watching the body of Christ work together! We are all different. We have each been given unique talents and gifts. It is easy to compare ourselves with each other and allow insecurity or critical thinking to creep in, but the Bible says that is not wise! Comparisons and judgments strip us of our joy and cause us to miss out on the reason He created us in the first place!

When we take our eyes off ourselves and turn them upward to Jesus, we will be able to simply do what He tells us to do and when we follow His lead, we all work together in such a beautiful and pure way.

I am so thankful for the people God has placed in my life, I am a better person because of you all! I am able to be a better wife to my man and better mama to my kids because of your support! I praise God for you all and I can't really express how you bless my life!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin