Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2 months ago: From 3 to 5 Now....

Hello friends!

Recently I prayed a scary prayer. I even felt a little nervous praying it but my heart longs for MORE Jesus and so I asked Him to make me more and more dependent on Him.

The Lord has been stretching me, stretching me and all I can do is hang on - keep my eyes on Him and take the next step.

We sit now only 1/2 a week away from closing on our new home and our current home has not yet sold. We have had people through it but not one offer.

Yes, my dependence is growing.

And yesterday, we found out that our foster son's grandma is having knee surgery. Grandma has been caring for the boys' two year old sister and on Monday, the same day we close, we will be bringing little sister into our home!!!

This is likely a very temporary situation. Maybe just a few days, but could be longer. Only the Lord knows!

And so we are moving and adding one more to our ever growing clan ages (at least for a short time) 7, 5, 3, and 3, 2, and a 9 month old!!!!

CRAZY!! And even crazier still, we are so peaceful! I am fully confident in the Lord. He has already gone before us and has been preparing us for this. I have no confidence in my own strength but I'm thankful I don't have to. My only job is to keep my eyes on HIM and allow HIM to fill me with His love, His energy, His peace, His joy, His strength!

I just want to be the vessel for Him to love through. Lord help me to keep my eyes on You!

We were not surprised when their grandma asked us about keeping their sister, in fact we were pretty much expecting it so Clint and I had already discussed it. We both felt peaceful and certain that we would say yes if she asked. And yet after I said yes and hung up the phone, the reality of it all hit me hard.

I sat down and looked dazily (I know not a word but I like it) out into the yard and wondered how in the world is this possible? And yet I know it's possible because "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." HIS strength, not mine. I would lose it all and go totally batty if I depended on my own strength - no joke.

After calling a friend and having a good cry, HIS peace started to overwhelm me. He reminded me of ways He's already gone before us. And HE gave me confidence!

He continues to fill me and confirm to me that this is His will. Just today I read this in I Peter 4: 8 & 9,

"Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. Cheerfully share your home with those who need a meal or a place to stay."

Friends, His call on your life doesn't have to make sense. It is often uncomfortable, out of reach, impossible to do on your own but when you step out in faith and keep your eyes on Him, He will be there every step of the way.

He will go before you, He will keep you from falling. It is absolutely amazing to watch the creative ways He supports us, encourages us, loves us, and fills us. So many times He works through HIS CHURCH. So many people have stepped up and offered their help, their prayers, a meal, babysitting, even a Starbucks or two or three (so fun)! HE will provide!

Step out. Don't be afraid of being uncomfortable. You can't handle it, neither can I, BUT HE can! I am more convinced than ever that this is what He wants us to get! It's not about trying harder. It's about letting GO and redirecting our focus from our fears to HIS face!

I love you my friends and would appreciate your prayers! I would love to pray for you too. Let me know if you have any specific requests.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Wow Jami! You go girl! I am so glad God is strengthening you and giving you peace! I'll pray that continues. Keep me updated on how your heart is and how I can pray. Love you friend and all your kiddos!

Kristy said...

Jami, oh my!!! We're praying. How exciting that you'll get to knpow the boy's sister as well. : ) See you soon.

Christa said...

We're praying for you and excited for you!

Ashley Baner said...

Zimbabwe doesn't sound so crazy, does it?! :)

Abi said...

Jami, I had no idea that you were fostering, since I've been a little out of the loop for the past few months! But reading your blogs over the last few weeks and months just takes me back to my not-so-long-ago childhood...I remember having the same feelings that you are now! I remember at one particular time, we had Ana (who was about 3 at the time) and TWO four month old babies at the same time!! It was pure craziness, but somehow God got us through! Oh, and I forgot to mention that we were also trying to sell and house and move all at the same time; I can totally relate. I keep reading that you are so in love with these kids and don't know how you will ever give them up...but I want to encourage you to not dwell on that fact. I know that you know God will give you the grace when the time comes, but for now, those kids deserve all the love you can give them! Yes, it hurts, but in the end, you know that you've done something huge in their lives!
I look forward to meeting these sweet boys and to hearing more!

Love you,
Abi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin