Monday, June 29, 2009

When you need refreshed...

I've had a lot on my mind lately.

The Lord continues to stretch me and ask me How much do you trust me Jami? Do you trust me more than your fears? Will you obey me - no matter what it costs you?

Sometimes, I forget how GOOD He is. Sometimes I forget just how much He loves me and I find myself fearing. Fearing what He may ask of me - fearing pain - fearing heartache - fearing difficulty. Today was one of those days.

Last week our agency approached us about a 7 year old boy who needed to be adopted. We seriously and prayerfully considered adopting Him but the Lord showed us clearly that we were not to step forward.

So this week has been lessons on discerning His voice and I praise Him for teaching me that. I know that the Lord has a specific plan for our lives and for the life of this little boy.

So I called to tell our agency our decision about the 7 year old today.

Then I asked her about if there were any babies due to be born soon and she explained that in the next few months there will be. Then she said - there is also this baby boy who has severe disabilities - like really severe...

She wasn't even asking us to consider him at this point because she needs to get more information on his situation but when she mentioned him I felt just kind of weak. Like "Lord, I don't even know if I have the energy to pray about this. It's so big. It sounds so hard."

Like I said - I don't know much of anything about his situation - I really don't know if we'll hear more about him or not. I'm trying to simply rest in my Jesus and trust Him.

As I sat with the Lord today I poured out my heart to Him. This is a portion from my journal:

Lord, I have a lot of concerns on my heart today. I need you. I have fears, fears of living a hard and painful life. I know that you have better plans for me and that You would give us joy and fulfillment in whatever situation You bring but Lord I just need Your reassurance . Please speak to me through Your Word and inspire my thoughts for I am weak.

I need to remember that You are not out to hurt me or make me struggle. You want to give me abundant life and that comes from knowing You more. I need You. I expect to hear You, see You, and experience You today and now. I am Yours, Lord. Nourish Your child. I love you!

I'm writing this because I want to show you just how Real and AMAZING Jesus is. At the end of every page of my journal is a verse. I filled up 4 pages and these are the verses from each page.

See any similarities??

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose." Rom. 8:28

"...the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." Ps. 84:11

"For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting..." Ps. 100:5

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness..." For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. Ps. 107:8-9

I flipped back a few pages in my journal to see if ALL the verses mentioned that little word - good - but they didn't.

I know that He was simply was reminding me that He loves me and that I don't need to fear the future. His plans for my life are the best - no matter how hard - He will be there to fill me, to bless me and to grow me.

I want His GOOD for me!

I have no idea what that's going to look like - no idea - but I do know that I don't need to fear the unknown. He is GOOD, He is Trustworthy, and He loves me more than I can fathom. Wow...

I want to encourage you to rest in Him (I'm saying this to myself too). Have you stopped today to be still and know Him - know that He is your God who loves you and is in control.

It is a choice - to stop and sit with Him. He wants to fill us - to speak to us. He is working all around us - He is pursuing you - He has a specific plan for you and me. Don't fear (Jami don't fear) but trust and obey - no matter what.

"So we keep on praying for you asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him. This is all made possible because of the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ." 11 Thess. 11-12

This is my prayer for you my dear friends (and my prayer for me too!)


10 comments:

Mrs. Hany said...

Sorry that your heart is hurting, but I am so thankful that you are a Godly woman who knows that it is okay to hurt, and in that pain, turns to the Father. Thank you for being tansparent with us, we pray for you often.

Alesa said...

Jami, I certainly learning this lesson of God's goodness as well...trying to let go of what I think is "good" for the "good" God will bring into my life. He is trustworthy. Love you girl!

Jess said...

Your heart is so beautiful sweet friend!!! You bless me! God blesses me through you!!!

Praying for you and the future sibling of Paige, Reagan and Hudson!

Frizzy said...

My husband and I were offered a sibling pair from Russia. She was 3 and he was 7. We were not expecting this opportunity and it was very hard to go from begging God in prayer for any child to saying "No" to two children at once. I still think of those children and recall with such detail their videos and information as if it were yesterday. I know they were placed with the right family. The family God planned for them. It doesn't stop me from praying they are happy and healthy and loved as much as any child deserves to be loved and more.

Carrie said...

Jami...I love how you constantly seek God's guidance, and it does my heart good to read this post; very good! We have made some hard adoption decisions as well the last couple weeks, but God gave us great peace in them. Thank you for sharing and your family is in my prayers.
www.promiseinethiopia.blogspot.com
www.stammfamily.blogspot.com

Amy said...

So blessed to be on the journey wiht you friend. LOVE the WORD that He spoke over you. I am plastering that Thess. scripture up in the Arnold house. I am so sad that so many of us who know the Savior forget to stand with open hands. He is increasing your faith, teaching you to hear and KNOW HIS VOICE. All things that are needed for what lies ahead. He is enabeling you to live a life worthy of His call!! Be blessed with power to accomplish it!!

love- Amy A

Leah said...

I very much understand your feelings of fear even while knowing that God always knows best, yet we I still struggling in completely trusting.

Just last night, I was talking to husband and struggling with "how will we know what God wants us to do?" Adoption? International? Domestic? What agency? Do we pursue medication intervention? Sooo many questions= me being overwhelmed. This is definately a lesson in patience and a reminder that God's time is different than my comfort. A lesson, I continually need to learn!

Barb said...

Jami,
I've been reading your blog for a while and I love it. You always seem to write something that I need to "hear"... today was especially true. Thank you!

J Gutwein said...

Praying for you Jami! Love, J

Amy said...

Jami,
I needed to read this today. Thank you for sharing. God is so good!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin