Clint and I are heading down South tomorrow for an (in-country) mission trip with the high school students in our church. We'll be serving the Lord in the mountains of Cosby, Tennessee for the week!
We are both incredibly excited. It been over 10 years since either of us have been on one. This group of high schoolers are top notch - we really love them and we can't wait to spend time with the other great adults as well. Serving the Lord together, late night talks, singing...that's hard to beat! :)
Every adult is assigned to 2 or 3 kids that they are responsible for. We're called the OA's (old adults) and the kids are the YA's (young adults). Yeah, that has taken some time to get used to - I've never been an "OA" on a mission trip - I guess that means I have to be more responsible, huh?! That may be tough seeing as I'll be foot loose and fancy free without my 3 little ones!
We're also celebrating our 9 year wedding anniversary on the trip! How cool is that?! :)
We're traveling down in three - 15 passenger vans. At our "OA" meeting this past Sunday I brought up the possibility of scheduling in a Starbucks stop but was promptly shot down! Oh yeah, it's a mission trip isn't it?! :) Well it never hurts to ask now does it?!
So if you think of it, we'd appreciate your prayers next week.
Friday, June 5, 2009
On a Mission
Labels: just life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Jami & CLint, I hope you have a wonderful time & know the Lord will work in you this week. We will also pray for your safety as you travel. Blessings to you both as you celebrate your anniversary.
I also wanted to let you know Monday we found out we are going to be able to adopt the boys. We leave tommorow for OK to visit with friends. If we happen to come across your caravan we will wave. Our van would fit right in.
Shine for Jesus, Linda
Have a great trip, guys...we'll be praying for the team! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 9 years...oh how I remember that day :) (at least I got to be there)
Just checking in from Oklahoma real quick. I miss you and seeing pictures of our trip makes me miss you more!! I cried when I read of Jesus taking care of the baby girl!!!
I'll be praying for you this week!!!
Well reading this post made me think that I too must fall into the OA category...hmm...not so cool...off to find me a more 'mature' group of people to hang with so I can fill oh so young again...quickly!
Post a Comment