Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Old Habits Die Hard

((First of all I just want to thank you for your sweet comments and prayers! You are a good bunch, my dear bloggie friends!))

It used to be that I would wake up in the wee hours of the morning to find my little red head curled up next to me. It became a bad habit - one which we decided we didn't like and so we made a new rule.

If you happen to wake up in the middle of the night, you can sleep on the floor next to us - not in our bed.

But this became a nightly occurrence and you know what, we were tired of it so we made a new rule.

No coming into our room in the middle of the night PERIOD (with the exception of storms, sickness, things of that nature.) If it is dark out, you stay in your room, when you see light, you can come in.

We had completed one week of this new and improved routine and she was actually doing great. If she woke up in the middle of the night, I let her listen to a story tape which she liked so everyone was happy.

Then we left.

Just one little night away where we enjoyed gallivanting around the big city with friends...and eating, yes - we enjoyed eating a lot too!

Chocolate covered strawberries...you don't just eat these, you savor them.

and this, you savor too...mmmmmm...
These next few I didn't get to eat but I simply loved looking at them!

Oh my, my, my...
I also like to savor this...
Yes, I like this man!

Now back to the story...
So while we were off having a good ole' time my kiddos were at home with dear Aunt Leslie. It happened that during the night, Raegan entered our room where Aunt Leslie was sleeping. She asked if she could sleep on the floor and in Aunt Leslie's sleepy stupor, she said "Why don't you just sleep in bed with me?" "Really?!!" was my little girl's reply.
d
The next morning Raegan lovingly said to Aunt Les, "Thank you for letting me sleep in your bed like I'm not supposed to!"
d
Funny thing about habits...they die hard.
d
And so the last 2 nights I've woken up with a little red head sleeping next to me. Never sure when she enters the room, I just wake up feeling rather squished. I think we need to have a long talk...again.
d
Hey Leslie - since you are a rockstar aunt in every way, I can't be upset with you!!
d
And so it goes, life with kids!

4 comments:

Leslie Ringger said...

hehehehe!

Frizzy said...

Yeah, I too have a bowlingball with legs who climbs into bed with my husband and I almost nightly. We had the same rule. You can come in when the sun is up. Now she comes in and says, "Momma, the sun is up. Can I come in." The sun is not up but boy does she try to make me believe it. Good luck to you and let me know if you find a solution. I'll do the same.

Kristy said...

Ha, ha! At least you're ahead of us. The new bunk beds arrived... after 2 hours plus of noise, Cade ended up in our room once again. : )

Clint said...

hee hee that's funny!
Love, Alesa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin