Hello friends!
For those of you who have been reading my blog for awhile you'll remember the little baby girl born with Down Syndrome that we were hoping to adopt.
(On April 29th of this year we first heard about this little angel baby who was 6 days old at the time. On May 6th - one week later we found out that she was not to be ours. You can read about this here and here. To read more on our domestic adoption journey just click here.)
Last night my sister, Leslie was sharing with some of her friends about that experience. One of our biggest concerns during that time was that this little baby would be loved on and cared for while she waited in the hospital. I hated the thought of her there all alone.
Today I found out that one of Leslie's friends - who is a night shift nurse - at that very hospital - KNEW this baby. Not only did she know her, she rocked her, held her, sang songs to her and prayed over her for hours as she worked!
This makes me cry.
Jesus takes my breath away with His love! My heart is filled with awe and praise for Him! My Jesus is SO faithful and He's got an incredible plan for this little baby girl and I take comfort that He's got a perfect plan for us too.
Friends - our God cares. Don't think for a moment that God would leave you alone in whatever situation you're facing. He loves us more than we can possibly imagine. He is trustworthy, He is faithful, He is personal. What a God!!
Monday, June 1, 2009
More to the story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
"How Great is Our God! Sing with me, How Great is Our God!"
I love when He does things like this story! Thanks for sharing!
It makes me cry, too. We don't always get to see the other side of the tapestry that He's weaving. It's great when we do, but then, it's great just knowing that He's faitfully weaving it every day.
I'm glad I came here from Emily's blog.
Incredible how AWESOME our heavenly father is!
Our God is an awesome God!!!
such mystery. blessing to you
WOW! I am speechless. Wow!
Post a Comment