Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Do you feel loved?

Clint and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary while we were on our mission trip. When we came home we received a gift from our kids - with a little help from Grandma and Aunt Leslie, of course! :)

After being gone an entire week, our homecoming was absolutely delightful! Paige saw us first and immediately starting yelling Mommy...Daddy!! Then Raegan and Hudson joined in and all three ran into our arms laughing and giggling! Yeah, I would like to keep that moment locked away in memory to pull out on times that aren't quite so delightful!

After many hugs and kisses, they presented us with our anniversary gift.

Isn't that awesome?! :)

Oh kids - we are so thankful for you!

Even though sometimes you do things that you shouldn't do like wetting toilet paper in an un-flushed toilet....


Though sometimes you thoroughly exhaust us...


We LOVE being your mommy and daddy!

Many times you make us laugh.... (excuse all the hair, this was at the end of his haircut - but check out those lips!!)And sometimes we feel nothing like laughing....but we are so thankful for you 3.

God has impressed on my heart the desire to really know my kids and understand who He made each one of them to be. I want to make sure they not only know that they are loved but to also FEEL loved by me.

I am reading the book "The 5 Love Languages of Children" by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell and I am excited about it -- SO EXCITED that I'm giving one copy away!!

The authors say, "In raising children, everything depends on the love relationship between the parent and child. Nothing works well if a child's love needs are not met. Only the child who feels genuinely loved and cared for can do her best. You may truly loved your child, but unless she feels it - unless you speak the love language that communicates to her your love - she will not feel loved.

Today I was not feeling so uhhh, loving. Everyone was especially grumpy and I felt frustration seethe out of me, to be quite honest. When I called Clint to ask for prayers he asked "So all 3 are grumpy?" To which I responded, "No ALL 4 - me included."

So right now, I'm choosing to be thankful for the many blessings God has entrusted me with. It helps that they're all so stinkin' cute and quiet at the moment! :) Enjoy the rest of your day, my dear friends!

A winner will be chosen (at random) from the comments left on this post until Monday night at 11:59pm! :) I'll announce on Tuesday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope i win! :) -jo

Jess said...

What an awesome gift!!!! How special!!!

Happy Anniversary!!

How was your trip?

Great pictures.

It's too late, that's why I am typing short thoughts. Mine have frustrated me so much I am staying up late so I can get my mind back in order, which won't really count tomorrow when I am tired. :)

Glad you are back.

Ashley Baner said...

Oh Jami~ Why does Satan have to try us with things like toilet paper?!?!? That cup is GREAT!! It looks just like them!! We HAVE to plan a time to get together soon!

L, Ann and boys said...

I want it, I want it. =o)

Ann

smw said...

i'll take it! :)
~shar

Amy said...

I would love to read that book! I think I will buy it and if I win, give my prize to another mommy to read and be blessed!

have a good day!

Amy @3dubbers@gmail.com

The Deans said...

Hi Jami,

I found your blog through my friend Abby's blog. I love your thoughts and inspiration. I feel 2 of the biggest struggles with children is what type of discipline works with each kid and how to show each kid you love them. I think the book sounds great and I plan to buy it (if I don't win;)

Marie Stork said...

What a special anniversary gift! So precious! The book sounds great to win!

Sandra said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Id love to win of course, but so does everyone else:)

sarah.flyingkites said...

Great giveaway!

Love the pottery piece Marla & Leslie - sooo cute!

Lisa said...

I just had to leave a comment to say thanks for your transparency, honesty, and challenge to love our kids beyond words and our own strength.

Blessings!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin