Wednesday, September 16, 2009

And the Rollercoaster Ride Continues...

Hello all. First of all I want to thank you for the input you gave me in my last post. I actually spoke last night on the topic (Rest For The Weary Soul) and your insights were helpful!

On another note: Our Adoption

2 weeks ago we learned that we there was a birth mom (BM) who was looking at our profile. Ours and 12 others! Honestly, I never mentioned it here because, well the more I share, the more I get attached to the thought and the more vulnerable my heart. I just didn't have it in me.

I have been feeling though like I needed to put it out here because this is all part of our journey, the ups and downs, the joys and the disappointments. (Hopefully it can be an encouragement to you and your prayers and comments are such an encouragement to me - God is faithful through it all.)

It went about a week before we heard any more about any decision and honestly I felt like it wasn't going to happen. Too much time had passed (I thought) and I was preparing my heart for another let down.

Then I got an email from our social worker that said we were one of 3 that this BM was considering. My heart started to hope again. I continued to open my hands to Jesus and let go of my will but my heart longed for this to be our time.

I felt excitement and nervousness everytime this situation crossed my mind (which was a lot). I constantly resurrendered my thoughts because the more time I invest in dreaming, the greater the hurt if it doesn't happen. Honestly, I just kept giving my heart, my will, my desire back to the ONE I love more than anything.

Today, I emailed my social worker to see if she had any news for me. And today, our roller coaster ride took another big drop.

The birth mom chose another family.

Oh friends, this is hard. I'm disappointed but yet I know that He has a better plan. But it doesn't mean the tears don't fall. They fell quite a lot today. It's just hard to wait, not knowing how long He will call us to wait.

And there is more news. There is another BM - due in November. November 2nd! In the next week, she is going to be looking through our profile and choosing a family.

I'm excited by the thought and yet I feel tired - emotionally just tired. Today's been kind of a rough afternoon in general. It's interesting - I spoke last night on the importance of rest - soul rest really. But then like a fool, stayed up till midnight (watching my pre-recorded favorite show - Biggest Loser!) I told Clint I couldn't take even one "I told you so." He refrained. Good for me. Even better for him!

Then I got the email and I just feel tired. Praise the Lord He loves me through the good and the bad days and He is here. In fact, as soon as I got the email I went right over to the couch and layed down. I told him my disappointment and I felt His love. I just LOVE Him!

So here we are again. Hoping, trusting, wondering, waiting. Thanks for your prayers my dear friends! They are greatly appreciated!

15 comments:

Mrs. Hany said...

Jami,
I appreciate your ability to put yourself out there and let the world see your hurts. We are praying for you and for the baby that God has chosen for your family. I am sorry you are hurting and I will lift you to the Father.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl! God has hand picked your child, and He will show you when the time is right. Praying!!

jajbs said...

Jami,
Thanks for being so honest. I remember you 'finding' me during our adoption and can recall the few times we talked and the MANY times we commented on one another's post. All of the ups, downs, waiting... never seemed like it would come to an end... AND then in HIS perfect timing all of that vanished and we were face to face with our children forever.

I can't imagine doing it all again and having it be a different process, yet still dealing with the waiting and unknowns. Just remember the promise He fulfilled by bringing Hudson home and rest in the fact that He WILL do it again and one day soon, you will be on the OTHER side of this and loving on your precious child!

Hang in there. I will be praying for you and your family and for God to carry you during all of this.


love ya,
amanda

Leah said...

Praying for you dear friend. Roller coaster rides are so hard, yet have so many lessons for us don't they.

I pray you find some rest in your day today.

Kristy said...

Oh, Jami. What a ride you've been on! I know God is faithful and He knows exactly who your baby is but the waiting gets long (speaking for you and me : ). Hang in there- we're praying. love ya.

megs @ whadusay said...

Praying for you dear sister!

Holli said...

praying for you!

Blessed Mommy said...

adoption is not for the weak of heart - i don't know how you would do it w/out the LORD! In your weakness, our God will give you strength! He already knows your child by name and has the perfect time for him/her to arrive in your life! Keep up the good wk trusting!!!

Flamingo said...

wow...i always thought that international seemed so much harder...but this sounds so much more emotional.

hang in there...He put this in your heart again.

David and Marianne said...

so, sorry jami!! here i stopped over after our conversation yesterday thinking i might read about being a considered family and was shocked to see how much more to the story there is.... will be praying for you and for your weary emotions. there was a time during our period of infertility/loss that i was going through with another friend when i looked at her through tear filled eyes and said "will there EVER come a day when all of our conversations don't revolve around having babies/getting children??" and you know, we both just burst out laughing picturing us as 80 yr. old women languishing after babies : ) so i pray today you can laugh and laugh hard with just the right person through this rollercoaster ride.

love in Christ,
marianne

L, Ann and boys said...

Thinking of you guys.

An

On Purpose said...

As I read today...I stand of course at a distance from the emotions in this situation...but friend do know I see that you are RIGHT where He wants you...and I say it to say also that it is SO beautiful to see Him working in you and through you!

Jane E said...

Praying for your family, and for the little one God has picked out just for you

Sissy said...

You nailed it. It's a rollercoaster all right. And I don't like rollercoasters, so I don't know what I'm doing half the time.

Praying for you.

Jess said...

Oh friend, I am so sorry. I am encouraged by how faithful you are and how much you look up to the faithful ONE!!!

Looking forward even more to the moment you get to hold your child God had for you all along!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin