Hello friends!
The Lord has had this topic on my mind for quite some time now. The topic of REST.
He's been speaking to me about this a lot lately from things I hear on the radio, scriptures and books I'm reading, as well as circumstances that have occured in my life.
Now I'd love to hear from you. I'd really appreciate your insight as I prepare a talk about this very subject. Please feel free to post Anonymously. ((All you do is click the button labeled "Anonymous," write in your Comment and press Publish.))
1. As a rule, how many times per week do you read your bible, pray, and just be with the Lord?
2. Do you struggle with feelings of guilt when you don't have a "devotional time."
3. Does the thought of stopping to take time with Him stress you out? (Do these questions stress you out?) :)
4. Are you refreshed and rejuvinated by your time with Him or does it feel like something is missing?
5. Do you take time most days to do something just for fun? If not, why?
6. Do you struggle with feelings of anxiousness, worry, or stress more than you would like?
7. Would a talk on this subject appeal to you?
8. I'd also love to hear your ideas on a title for this talk. "I'm thinking "Rest for the Weary Soul" or "Finding Rest in the Midst of Chaos." I don't know...
Like I said - I would love to hear from you. There are no right or wrong answers and I'll repeat, please feel free to post anonymously. Even if you don't have time to answer all of them, I'd really appreciate whatever you can give me. Thanks!!!
Saturday, September 12, 2009
I NEED your input...
Labels: my speaking ministry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I really appreciated your What Are You Thinking post. Thanks. Love, J
I usually do devotions every day and it definitely feels like something is missing if I don't. I usually love my time but sometimes it is a little dull...although there are also times when I am studying things like Jeremiah, which is encouraging at times but also very long (I think sometimes studying isn't as fun as just absorbing) I DON'T stop to take much time with Him during the day and therefore have learned that I have to set my alarm way earlier than I want to in order to accomplish this. I love the fun question :o) Not exactly my problem most days...it is the diligent side that is sometimes lacking. I am curious about where you are thinking of giving a speech on this.
Devotions/quiet time are not the easiest thing to get accomplished in the day, but it is always ALWAYS worth it!!
Love you James,
ashley
hmm...how many times i want to be or actually am:) probably 3-5.
yes,i feel guilty if i don't
yes, i am sometimes bothered by the "to do" of being with God. not all of the time do i feel refreshed. i am not a morning person and that is when i woudl like to spend time with him, but i give up trying. i fall asleep in prayertime:) so i lean towards the afternoon. but when the kids are napping i want it to just be time for me. i think i might be selfish:)
depending on my season in life i know i worry too much. but i do recognize that it's because i'm not letting him deal with it. right now i'm really bothered by something and feeling "Stressed". i know i need to just pour it all out for him today. and usually, yes, i feel rejuvenated then.
i like your titles. i'm brainstormiing and mine are all corny:)
just read smeone else's blog and here is a verse she had....
"Let my soul be at rest again for the Lord has been good to me." (Psalm 116:7)
i thought how ironic it was i just read yours so i thought i'd pass along:)
Hey Jami. OUr blog URL changed. It is:http://web.me.com/lgutwein/web.me.com_lgutwein/Blog/Blog.html.
Love, J
1. I know that I don't spend enough time with Him. I need to pray more and just do more.
2. Yes I struggle with no having a devotion a day. If I don't have one then I feel like I am very grouchy and after reading one, I feel so much better. Much of the time I read one that has an explanation in a plainer version.
3. No the thought doesn't stress me out but finding the time (which is a bad thing to say) stresses me out.
4. I feel very much refreshed after my time with Him. I would like to take more time during the day to stop and pray rather than wait until the end of the day.
5. I do something fun with my kids, does that count.
6. I struggle with worrying all the time. I know that it is sinful to worry, so I try not to but it happens to me more than not.
7. I have never heard of anyone talking about it so I don't know if it would help or not but it would be appealing to me.
8. I like the first title.
Jami - I love the heart God's given you for this. After watching my sisters raise young kids and now being in the midst of it myself, I think finding rest - both spiritual and physical is a constant battle!
I can distinctly remember my sister, while in the midst of 5 little kids, talking about her devotion life and saying she was tired of "morsals." I understand what she shared in a whole new way now.
1. I find I can easily stop and just "be" with the Lord - praying, baring, pleading : ) multiple times during the days or in the small segments of down time I have . . .but since the twins,I have really struggled to get consistent time in my bible studying again. I read a short devotional most days, but actually studying has been pretty bare/non-existent. That's actually been my big challenge point to myself lately for Ryan to hold me accountable with and I'm working on getting more creative on finding/making the time for it in my day. And you know, I've found the more I'm becoming intentional with it, the more God has blessed it.
2. yes. I'm a woman. and a mom. doesn't guilt come with that?! : ) Although at times it's more sadness/discouraged than guilt . . .just knowing how much I need it and want it . ..and knowing I'm the one really missing out when it doesn't happen.
3. At times it wears me out. My days feel pretty constant and there are lots of things I feel don't get completed like I'd like or accomplished . ..so there are days it feels like one more thing I haven't done like I wish I could have. Hope that makes sense?
4.When I am treating it like one more thing to do, it often feels like something is missing . . .but when I stop and just be, over and over He has been faithful.
5. While there are some days, a shower is what counts as something fun, I do always try. : )
6. Since the twins more so. I didn't used to - but I think it stems from often feeling like there isn't enough of me to go around.
7. Yes. Especially if it comes while I"m on a couch, with a good blanket. : )
8. If your main subjects are mothers, I think it would be fun to come up with a topic that plays on the irony of rest and motherhood - so with that in mind, I like the idea your second title has more than the first.
hope those help! : )
Post a Comment