I have to say, I'm feeling kind of weary these days.
My heart longs for my baby yet I have no idea if or when this will happen. I feel vulnerable and emotional but I cannot put my hope in this baby, my hope can only be in Jesus. If it's not, I will be disappointed. Every time.
I praise Him that He knows my desires. He knows my anxious thoughts, he knows when I am hurting, he knows when I am tired, he knows when I am excited and filled with joy. He knows me. And He has the best in mind for me...because He loves me.
I want to know Him more.
Last night Paige blessed me with her prayer. It was a great reminder to me. It went something very much like this.
"Dear Lord, we pray for our baby and for this birth mom. We pray that this will be our baby but if it's not, we trust You. We would be really happy if this was our baby but we know that your plan is best and we trust You. We know that maybe we will never get a baby and if that happened, we would be really sad but we will trust You."
And so we wait. And we hope. And we trust!
Thanks for your prayers...
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
When you're weary...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
that's one wise little girl :)
We started the adoption process for our second baby and have since stopped. We feel very weary and unsure of what we're to do. So many questions and uncertainties. I keep telling myself to trust in the Lord. He has a plan not only in mind but in place. Just let him take care of it. Why is it so hard to do that?
I feel your pain. The yearning for a child and the faith that God will answer our prayers in His way and in His time. I wish I could give you a big hug. Your daughter too.
What a wonderful prayer by Paige. :) That brought a smile to my heart.
I hear and feel your struggles. I am oh so weary right now and I have been reminded of God's faithfulness and love for me and for right where I am at.
I love Paige's prayer. Love it.
Wow...love that girl :)
ps...we showed our house again tonight! This couple was here last night & called right after they left & wanted to come back tonight with family! AND, they asked us how flexible we are, because they'd want to close pretty quick! We've just had the sign in the yard for 12 days! I've been trying no to get too stressed, since we don't exactly know where our next 'home' is going to be yet! So Paige.....that prayer was just what I needed to hear! :)
Praising God that He has surrounded you with an amazing family, a family that is getting oh so close during this journey!
Post a Comment