Monday, January 11, 2010

On Our Hearts

Thank you so much for your prayers. Please keep them coming!

We didn't hear anything today. Clint left a message on the social worker's voicemail and will call her back later tomorrow if we don't hear back.

Today I told Paige that Daddy was calling the SW to get a yes or no answer (or even a maybe or no.) Paige immediately said sadly, "Oh I know it's going to be a no." I told her that yes, there is a good chance that it could be but we just need to pray for God's will.

The first thing Paige said to me after arriving home from school was, "What did he say?"

Me: "Who.....Daddy?"

Paige: "Is it a No?"

I told her we hadn't heard yet and she was a little more excited. Then she told me that for her "sharing time" today, she told her whole class about the three kids and that we were hoping to adopt them.

She had been thinking of them ALL day.

The night before both Paige and Raegan prayed that the three kids would be ours. Raegan added, "TOMORROW!"

So, while we wait for news I have to continually give my heart to Jesus. There is peace, such peace in knowing that He is in control and that He has a plan for these kids and for us.

He knows who is best for them. He knows who they need. He knows what our next step is. He knows what our future holds. And so we continue to cling to Him every step of the way.

Thanks for your prayers.

6 comments:

Sissy said...

It's pins and needles, isn't it? I can't even stand all this waiting!

teresa said...

checking back tonight. will continue praying. (((hugs)))

my word verification is "addings" =)

Holli said...

praying.... so sweet about Paige sharing with her class!! PRAYING YOU HEAR!!!

Jami said...

thanks girls!! Teresa - that is too cool! :)

Jess said...

I think it is so cool how God knits together the hearts of each family member around adopted children. God will use Paige and Reagan's prayers even if it isn't answered by you having these children.

Still praying for your heart.

Flamingo said...

that is awesome about your kids. my kids just sigh and roll their eyes if i mention adoption:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin