Thursday, January 14, 2010

That First Step

Hello all!

I wanted to thank you for all of your prayers and support! We have not heard anything yet but I have felt more clarity from the Lord. No I don't know whether or not these kids will be ours but I do feel peaceful that we are right where we're supposed to be.

And I feel loved. So very loved by the Lord. Ps. 32:8 "The Lord says, I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." He continually comforts me with His word.

My ultimate confidence and trust is in HIM. I do not fear the future because I know that He is in control and will never leave me. This is a lesson He has taught me over and over in this past year and 1/2. He placed so many of my greatest fears in front of my face (a baby with Down Syndrome, a baby with alcohol exposure, a 7 year old with behavioral issues, a baby with severe special needs, a completely open adoption, ...) and has asked me Do you trust me more? Do you trust me more than your fears?

He brought us to a point of complete surrender and obedience and now I can honestly say, He has my WHOLE heart. Whatever you want Lord, I'm Yours and I KNOW that He will keep me safe, safe in His arms.

I couldn't be more grateful to Him for this difficult, painful, exciting, and crazy journey we've been on. And now as I wait to hear how this all unfolds, I am just filled with thankfulness and yet feel vulnerable at the same time. in the meantime, I will continue to worship Him with arms lifted high.

I just want you to know that if you feel like He is asking more of you, run to Him. If you are feeling scared and want to hold back, be encouraged - He only asks more of your heart because that is where true joy and fulfillment are found. You were created for a specific purpose and He knows there is only one way for you to live that out.

He wants more of you because He loves you and wants to LAVISH His goodness on you. "Ps. 32:19 "How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You LAVISH it on those who come to you for protection." He died to save us and it's in dying to ourselves that true life is found. I love you, my friends. Give Him your everything. Just take that first step. He will not let you fall.

3 comments:

Jill Taylor said...

Oh Jami, such great lessons, but, yes, so hard to walk. You are exactly where He wants you. He is the Potter and we are the clay. Keep your eyes on Him and you will never walk the wrong road. I love you! Thanks for being such an encouragement to me.

Love, Jill

Leah said...

I am so thankful that I get to follow along with you in what God is doing. I have learned a lot from your experiences. They have stretched me in my own life. Keep seeking, holding on, and trusting!

Starla said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts. We are taking foster care classes....and sometimes the idea is scary. We have 7 kids, 3 adopted, so why does the unknown seem hard? because there are more things he wants to teach us. Because He wants all of us. Starla

Blog Widget by LinkWithin