Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WE HAVE A DATE! Anyone Want To Go Shopping WIth Me?

Hey friends! It is very apparent that God is moving and now it's time for us to get going!!

I can't tell you how very excited I am about the responses you have given. You continue to bless me greatly and I know God will bless you too!

We have set tentative dates for the 1st project set for Friday, January 22nd (8am ~ 5pm) and possibly Saturday the 23rd!

The exciting thing is - we have a total of 4 rooms to makeover now!

I have been calling around to other area organizations who work with foster children and have been getting some good responses.

Project #1 will be held at Catholic Charities.

They were extremely touched by our interest in helping and are very excited! I just sent an email out to those of you who offered to volunteer with more information. If you wanted to volunteer and didn't get my email, please let me know.

These rooms are used primarily for weekly visits between foster child(ren) and parent. They get used ALL the time and are used hard.

Here is what their rooms look like right now.

ROOM #1

ROOM #2

Pretty rough, huh? Definitely not the oasis, I'm dreaming they could be! When I spoke with Catholic Charities, they told me they had been talking about the fact that they needed to do something but didn't know how and when so they are VERY excited about us coming in!

God has beautiful timing, doesn't He?!

For now, I would love to get together a group to shop for these rooms. Because we're working with Lifesong, we don't have to pay sales tax which will help with the cost.
d
Here's what I'm thinking.
d
SHOPPING TRIP: THURSDAY, JANUARY 14th

6:30 PM: Meet at Starbucks on Washington St. (Oh yes, we must get our energy level up right and there we can organize our efforts! :)
d
6:45 or 7: Toys R Us
r
? - 10 (at latest) on to Target to get shelves, furniture, baskets, toy boxes, etc.
d
I'd love to have you come for some of the time or for all. Will you join me?
d
And by the way - thanks so much to those of you who have already sent in monetary donations!
d
I will definitely tally up the totals and let you all know what was contributed. I am entrusting this whole thing into His hands because we need everyone to play a role.
So, can I be so bold as to say, KEEP THE MONEY COMIN'! Well, I guess I can be! :)
d
I love you all!

3 comments:

Alesa said...

This is such a great idea, Jami! I wish we lived closer,...I'd be there in a heartbeat. Love you girl!

Christine said...

I can't access your email the way it is set up on the blog. Can you email me at fourdeck@gmail.com? We live in Champaign and would be able to come over Saturday the
23rd if you are still working then.
We'd really like to see the project and try to do something like this here! Thanks, Christine Decker

Kristy said...

:( you know I'd be there if I could!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin