I told Clint this morning, I'm sure glad that the Lord's power works best through weakness because I am so very weak.
In the past few days but especially today I have been feeling, for lack of a better word, weak.
Today, I sat down to be with the Lord and my heart was anxious. I read words in the Bible but it felt as if they were flying off the page and scattering into the wind. I couldn't concentrate and so instead I wrapped myself up in my blanket and asked the Lord to speak to my heart while I tried to rest.
I decided to get up a few moments ago but before I did, grabbed my Bible again. I opened it up and this time, the Lord clearly spoke to my heart. The first thing I read was a devotion written by Hannah Whitall Smith.
She said, "You need not be afraid to follow Him whithersoever He leads, for He always leads His sheep into green pastures and beside still waters. No matter though you may seem to yourself to be in the very midst of a desert, with nothing green about you inwardly or outwardly and you may think you will have to make a long journey before you can get into any green pastures, the good Shepherd will turn the very place where you are into green pastures..."
This little devotion was tucked away in the Psalms and the verse given was Ps. 32:8 "The Lord says, I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."
And in Ps. 31:19 "How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You LAVISH it on those who come to you for protection." I love that verse!
I have been feeling some discouragement related to our adoption journey. We have not been given a closed door regarding the 3 kids but we don't have any real sense that it's going to happen either. I just have to give them over to the Lord and hand Him my heart too - over and over.
If you are in a 'desert' time in your life - remember that God has not forsaken you. He is with you every step of the way. He will guide you along the best pathway for your life and He will make your heart sing with His goodness. No matter what phase we're in, may His glory and honor shine from our lives - for He is worthy to be praised!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
When I am Weak, He is SO Strong
Labels: our domestic adoption journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Amen to all of this! I know you must have felt weak but reading this and how you didn't give up on waiting for His guideance tells me something completely different about you. YOU ARE STRONG in YOUR FAITH IN HIM! Don't let that go during this journey. It will all make sense one day I promise.
needed this - thanks!
Thanks for sharing this. I have been anxious for the last few days and that devotion was great.
Btw, if you can lift my mom up...she did not get great scan results from the dr. and is switching meds. Thanks, friend!
have you read Lysa Terkeurst's When Women walk in Faith? It is so similar to this. She talks about the "leaving" phase...our comfort zone...and then we will be in the famine stage for quite a while. if you haven't read it, I HIGHLY recommend it..if you have read it, pull it out again. it relates to so much of what is going on in your life right now!
I love how God met you when you cried out with such wonderful promises and reassurance.
What a Mighty God we serve!
Blessings to you Jami!
Post a Comment