Thursday, February 19, 2009

28: A nice respectable number, isn't it?

Just so you know, there's a giveaway below!!

Hi friends - I'm feeling f-i-i-ine today because today is my birthday! I still love birthdays - even though this one was a bit harder to swallow. I'm definitely a full blown member of the closer to 30 club now.

But I'm okay with that...I think.

I have already been quite blessed today - my dear hubby got the kids up and fed them breakfast. Today he bought me lunch and tonight I don't have to cook!! Now that's a happy day!

Most of all though I'm excited because my purity talk is finally coming together. I speak to high schoolers at an area youth group this Sunday. Honestly - this talk has been much more difficult to put together than I thought it would be.

It's not that I haven't put effort into it and it's not that I don't have ideas - it's that I was having the hardest time organizing my thoughts into something meaningful. I am so passionate about this topic and know that the Lord can use this talk to change lives on Sunday.

I am praying that He works mightily in the lives of these teens! I get entirely excited when I think about how much He loves them and has a plan for them!! I just pray that I won't get in the way - that He will use me to speak to them.

Last night everything fell into place. Yesterday I was working all afternoon on the talk and literally it was going nowhere...FAST. I was feeling discouraged and overwhelmed. Clint came home for lunch to find a very lack luster and tearful wife.

Lovely I know.

Being the wise man that he is - he told me to take a power nap, he kissed me goodbye and then about 5 minutes later came back with a Grande White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks!! That definitely improved my mood!
f
Later that night Clint sat down with me and really helped me organize the talk and because of his help, I'm happy to report that my talk is finally at a much, much better place.

Now I need to start saying it out loud to make sure it all flows and is falls approx. in the right time frame. Praise God for His provision and for my dear man!

I still have some work to do before Sunday so I would most appreciate your prayers. I truly believe that Satan knows that this talk has potential to change lives and that's the last thing he wants. So he's tried hard to discourage me.

He's not going to win though because I have Almighty God on my side!!

I'm so grateful to my Jesus for being ever faithful! As I was doing today's lesson from Beth Moore "Daniel," it fit so perfectly with what I'm going to be talking about. What a birthday present from the Lord!!
f
We serve such a personal, personal God! I love Him!
f
Because it's my birthday - I want to give away 2 books that have truly changed my life! I pray they will also change yours.

Lysa's book has helped me to live in expectation of seeing Christ in the everyday. This book has also encouraged me to say YES to Him in the small and big ways. Literally - my life has been changed!! It's an awesome book!!!

(for more from Lysa - click on her book)


Oh the "Uncommon Woman!"

I just love this book and I still have much to digest from it. In this book, Susie has challenged and inspired me to be a woman of strong character. To be a safe person - not one who talks about other people but who prays for those that I might be struggling with. To see others and myself the way Christ sees us, as His beloved - full of worth and value!

It's a must read! (Again just click on the book to get to Susie's blog.)

There will be at least 2 winners...maybe more I'm just not sure yet! So I guess we'll all be surprised, huh?! To win, you must leave me a comment (of course)! :) I'll announce the winner on Monday - so you have until Sunday at noon to comment!

Thanks friends!

27 comments:

Marla H. said...

Happy Bday!!!! Okay, I just became a member of the "30" club. It's really not too bad! Don't worry too much about the speech. You'll do great! I'd love to win!!!
Marla Hodel

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Jami! Hope you have a great day!

Both of those books look so good! I would love to read both of them! Great giveaway!

Leslie Ringger said...

happy birthday, sister-dear! count me in for the giveaway. i've been wanting to read lysa's book ever since we went to her conference...so i hope i win! (hint,hint)

Brooke said...

Happy birthday to you! Sounds like a great birthday so far!

Those are both books I've been hoping to read too- great giveaway!

Love you!

Laura said...

Happy birthday! Thank you for the chance to win!

L, Ann and boys said...

Happy b-day. =o) I haven't read either of these books. =o) Thanks for posting about them.

Ann

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday! I check your blog every once in awhile and love what God is doing in your life. I am not Leaving a comment just to win, although i will be writing these down to purchase. I am always looking for ways to get closer to God, I am an amatuer for sure. I also wanted to say that 28 was harder for me too, not sure why really and I am almost 32 now. Birthday's are great even when you get in your 30's and God has blessed us all with each day. Good luck with your talk.
Carrie

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday! I check your blog every once in awhile and love what God is doing in your life. I am not Leaving a comment just to win, although i will be writing these down to purchase. I am always looking for ways to get closer to God, I am an amatuer for sure. I also wanted to say that 28 was harder for me too, not sure why really and I am almost 32 now. Birthday's are great even when you get in your 30's and God has blessed us all with each day. Good luck with your talk.
Carrie

Daish said...

Happy Birthday Jami! I love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jami!! Both books look wonderful! Hope I win! :)

Janel said...

Happy Birthday!! I check your blog from Sarah's and you mentioned Lysa's book a while ago and it's been on my list to get for a long time now. I would love to read it!! Thanks for the opportunity!

Amber said...

Jami, I'll be excited to hear how the talk goes. I'm confident it'll be great!

Have a great day : ),
Amber

On Purpose said...

Happy Birthday to you my friend. May you continue to feel extra special today! And just so you know...I am well over onto the other side of the "special number" club...and theres not to much to worry about...hehe! Love you!

Leah said...

Happy Birthday! You will have to let us know how your talk goes. What an important subject!

Miranda said...

Hi Jamie! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! I too get very excited about birthdays although since I am turning 30 later this year I am debating if I want to even aknowledge this one - it's a little scary.:)

Both of those books look awesome!

Mama Runner said...

Happy birthday, Jamie! I'll be 30 tomorrow, and it's not so bad.

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Happy Birthday! I hope that you've enjoyed your special day. Considering that I'm twenty years older than you (yikes!), 28 seems like a long time ago1

Either of those books seem like they would be perfect for me right now. I am pretty busy with work and other things, but need something to keep me close to the Lord and to grow in Him.

Whomever wins, I hope that she (or he?) benefits from it like we all benefit from your blog!

Pam Furrer
PamFurrer@comcast.net

Jamie Bahr said...

Jami-
Happy 28th birthday! I turn 29 in May and it struck me how spiritually mature you are for your age. I enjoy reading your blog and have been inspired and smile often as I can relate to so much of what you experience (I have 3 children ages 5, 3 and almost 2). I am really trying to reignite that desire to study the Word and would love to read either of the books! Have a blessed day!

Katie said...

Happy B-day Jami
28 is a fun age!!!!

SECPumpkin said...

Hope you had a blessed birthday! I turn 28 in April...crazy to be so close to 30! Yikes...Anyways, I love reading your blog...it is always inspiring in some way. My husband and I hope to maybe to adopt someday. Your stories are always encouraging and make me want to adopt right away even though we've only been married 6 months! : ) Thanks for all the fun and Christ-centeredness your blog brings!

Jessica said...

Happy (late) birthday!! Hope it was a fun one for you!

Would love one of these books! I have heard you talking about Lysa's book for quite some time so it would be a great one to read and apply for sure!

Kristy said...

Oooh, how fun! Happy belated birthday- sure had fun with you this morning amidst the chaos!
Love ya,

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jami! 30 isn't so bad. In fact I liked my 30's better than 20's and so far 40's are going great!
I missed your talk at the adoption conference, though I prayed for everyone there. Heard it was a great success!
When my kids stop having cold symptoms, let's get together again!
Deb Everly

Ashley Baner said...

Happy belated James! I can't wait to be 30...You and I both have 3 kids and 30 sounds better! And you almost have 4 so 30 should sound GREAT to you!! I still can't believe that you are doing that! What an adventure. God will surely bless you richly. PS~ I love the pic of Edwin!! How typical!

Alesa said...

Well, this is one way to get "happy birthday" comments :)

Hope you had a great birthday...wish we could see you more often!!

Love, Alesa

Kristy said...

Alright, I commented already & wished you a happy birthday, but I don't see it now, anywhere!?! hmmmmmm. Well, happy belated birthday, and these books look great! :)
Miss you guys! Haven't seen you for a while :(

Marie Stork said...

Happy Belated Birthday also! 28 seems so long ago. Jami I'm turning 35 in June! I'm really sorta stressing about it but then I ask myself why? It's just life--but I'm starting to get a few grays and yes, the years are flying by! Seems so weird that Kyler starts middle school and it was just yesterday that I was 24 and giving birth to our first born son. Your giveaway books sound like great reads and being the avid reader I am I would LOVE the read! God Bless you also on your purity talk you are giving this Sunday. I will make sure to remember you in prayer Sunday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin