This week my mind has been on my upcoming talk A LOT! Thank you for your prayers - I appreciate them greatly!
Tonight I asked Paige and Raegan the question, "What is Adoption?"
This is what Paige said:
"Adoption is when you get a baby. It is not from your tummy." (all good so far, but then she went on) "Adoption is like taking a baby without asking and stealing it."
Paige??!! Where ever did you get that notion??
Fortunately, Raegan came through. She said, "It's like someone giving you a baby."
Apparently, I need to explain adoption better to Paige!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I need to explain this better
Labels: life with kids, The Adoption Option, the unexpected
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
that's hilarious!!!!
I am laughing so hard right now. Imagine if she went to school and told people that her mommy stole a baby!
LOL! That's great!
I think you should use that story as your opening to your presentation. Seriously! Everyone loves a good story to get the mood right!!
Sarah - you read my mind! :)
Actually when I asked them this question - I was hoping maybe I'd get something funny for my intro! I never guessed Paige would say what she said though!!!
I think Paige's definition will come to my mind often.... along with a smile and a chuckle. Will be praying for your talk. :0)
teresa c
I agree that you have a great opening there. : )
Don't you just love those peeks into their minds (most of the time anyways! : ) )
don't you love her sweet honesty!?!? too funny!
your girls CRACK ME UP!
priceless. Again!
oh my that is hysterical! definitely speak worthiness. i will say though that those crazy anti-adoption people would love that!
oh my that is hysterical! definitely speak worthiness. i will say though that those crazy anti-adoption people would love that!
Post a Comment