Friday, February 27, 2009

Do you believe it? Really??

Hello friends!

I hope you are enjoying your Friday! As gloomy as it is outside my window - my heart is full. I am just so thankful for my Lord! He is Amazing!!

I told you before how I felt discouraged after giving my last talk. I've been thinking about this a lot. What would I do differently - how could I have more clearly expressed my heart to them?

My number one problem: I was too focused on myself.

Sad but true.

I let intimidation rule me instead of real love for them and I believe that's the main reason I didn't connect with them. I was afraid - afraid to step out and really let go.

Ultimately I know God used that talk definately to teach me some lessons and I pray He used in in the lives of those kids too.

Number two: I think I was talking at them instead of really just sharing my heart with them.

Instead I want to share my life honestly and openly. I want to share lessons I've learned, ways I've failed, and ways I've succeeded. But not to leave it at that - I simply want to share how WONDERFUL He is, how AMAZING His love is, and how our lives can be profoundly changed because of Him.

My prayer is that after I speak - people won't leave thinking "That was a great talk" or "She's so great" but "Wow, I want more Jesus!"

Even as I write this - my nature is like "Hmm, I do want people to think I'm great!" So it's still a struggle but really, REALLY who cares what others think of me, I know that God absolutely adores me!! And it's not because of what I'm doing for Him but because I am His! That's incredible!

I am learning that my value and worth comes only from the fact that I am a child of the King. I tell my kids this all the time. Often I'll ask them "Why are you special? Is it because you wear nice clothes (well, sometimes) or because you act nicely (well, sometimes)?" Their answer: "No, it's because God made me!"

This is something I want to share with others too because there is such freedom in believing this, I mean really believing this truth.

I was listening to Phil Vischer's talk from Moody Founder's week. Phil is the co-creator of Veggie Tales. He shared an amazing story of how God taught him in extreme ways (like his ministry going bankrupt) that his worth and value is in Christ alone.

Phil made two incredibly profound statements:

"The most important thing is not the work I can do for God, the most important thing is to make God the most important thing."

"The impact God has planned for us does not occur when we're pursuing impact, it occurs when we're pursuing God."

You can listen to Phil's story by clicking here. Just scroll down to his name. While you're there - I strongly recommend you listen to Francis Chan's message on having a deeply connected LOVE relationship with the Lord.

Friends - I'm just pumped up! I love you all and pray that you will know and believe (I mean REALLY believe) just how much Jesus loves and adores you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved your post Jami. it gets right to the heart of where we need to find our value ~ in Christ alone. thanks for sharing with us. and also for being willing to speak of His love. we may never know what impact our words (hopefully Christ working thru us) have on another heart. this week i've been reminded of God working in my heart & mind long after i've heard a speaker. love & prayers, teresa c

Alesa said...

Love your heart, Jami :)

Thanks for sharing Phil's message from founder's week...it really spoke to my heart. Love ya!

megs @ whadusay said...

I was listening to Phil on Homeward and he said something like He let ministry for God become more important than relationship with God. Good stuff. His book is really great too!

Flamingo said...

thanks for sharing your honesty! i honestly think i would struggle with the exact same things!

God will continue to use you and before you know it, those won't be your issues...it will be something else! lol. some encouragment i am...i just know how my sinful nature works:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin