Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I haven't had a baby in over 4 years!!

No - we haven't heard anything yet, BUT I am thinking more about the fact that we could be getting the "call" very soon.

That thought both excites me and stresses me out! The month of February is a crazy one. I have another talk coming up on the 22nd. This time I'm talking to a high school youth group on purity.

My main point is that we shouldn't be asking "How far is too far?" but rather "How close can I get to Christ?" I believe that acting on that second question changes everything!

I am passionate about seeing others pursue a vibrant relationship with Christ and this is what I want for my life too!!

When we focus on rules (ie: how far is too far), it is so easy to become legalistic and fail. On the other hand, when we spend time getting to know Christ - seeking Him and obeying Him - we will become more like Him!

How exciting!!

Also this month my gym opens! Actually it opens the day before my talk. This means I have to know my stuff to teach by then. Exciting, but a bit overwhelming!!

Deep breaths.

So why am I blogging when I have so much to do, you may be thinking?

Good question.

But a girl needs to blog every now and then, even in the midst of the busy. And so here I sit.

I would appreciate your prayers. Especially for the talk - that God will give me the words to speak. He knows each one of these high schoolers by name. He knows what they are struggling with and what they need to hear.

He will be faithful, I have no doubt and this is what I cling to! But your prayers mean a lot to me!

Also-I've been thinking about the fact that I haven't had a baby, I mean a baby baby in quite some time and things have changed in 4 years.

Things that make life a little easier - the bumbo seat wasn't around 4 years ago - what do you think of that?

One thing in particular that I'd like to get is a baby sling. I have a wrap I got from Guatemala that I used with Hudson but the problem is - it wasn't easy to adjust. I literally just tied a knot in the back and off I went.

Very authentic, but I'd rather go with a little more practical this time. Any ideas?

Thanks dear friends!! Have a lovely day!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Jami-
I have a sling thing. Anna was too big to use it correctly, so it has never been used.

On Purpose said...

I LOVE your focus for the talk on purity...I am praying and knowing He is going to do some great things in you and through you as your prepare and present this session!! You are living a beautiful and real relationship with Jesus...thanks for sharing it with us...its encouraging!

Sissy said...

I think it is so important to talk to teens about purity. One of the most interesting stories I heard was about a mom serving her daughter food on a paper plate that she pulled out of the trash. Of course, the daughter was grossed out. The mom then compared that to offering ourselves to our spouses when we have already been "used." Don't we want to present ourselves as fine china? I kept that in my mind for a long time.

smw said...

i was given a slingling, and of the many carriers i've tried, i like it best so far.

Flamingo said...

i got so excited over your post title...but to be let down by no news;)

i just borrowed an ergo from somebody...those things are salty even used on ebay but i'm planning on using it in china and she will almost be 3. it seems very comfy and you'd probably get your money worth.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.. I absolutely love hot-slings, on the end isle at Target (~$20 I think).. my friends down here definitely have them & it looks a lot easier! I also like the kind with the ring near the shoulder... it seams to match a lot as they are often in black. Best wishes & very exciting times. Love, J

Mama Runner said...

I love baby-wearing. I have a ring sling, a mei-tai, and a wrap (longer than the Guatamalan style.) I'd be happy to show you how they all work and find the type that works best for you.

Marla H. said...

Hey Jami. I have only tried the snugli sling(I think that's what it's called). I did not like it, and went back to the Bijorn that we paid a little more for and is technically not a sling, but you can wear the baby facing you when they are smaller and out facing when they are older. I LOVE ours!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin