Monday, February 9, 2009

God is Good, yes He is!

Hello all!

This past Saturday I had my first speaking "gig" since really getting trained at the She Speaks Conference. Before that, I've really only spoken 3 times.

On Saturday morning, I knew I had done my part (obviously with His help) and now it was time to trust that He would speak through me. And of course, He is faithful!

I could feel Him just feeding me the words I needed to say. I want to thank all of you who prayed - it means so much to me! I really felt like I connected with my "audience" and for that I'm very thankful!

As I was driving to the conference - I just felt full of thankfulness. I believe that God placed this passion to speak on my heart for a long time and to see Him now opening the doors for me....wow! I told Him, "Lord, I'm living my dream!"

Years ago as I thought about speaking-it was more about me.

But fortunately, God continues to grow me and (thought I can still struggle with this), I now want to speak because I feel such a burden to be an advocate for the fatherless, to encourage others in their relationship with Christ, to let others know that they are not alone.

Anyway, I hope this is making sense.

I am thankful that God continues to remind me that it is certainly not about me. On Saturday, I was supposed to speak 2 times but the conference was smaller than anticipated and there were lots of options and so I found myself with NO ONE to talk to (except my wonderful hubby) in my first session!

In the end, I believe God had this all planned too because we met a WONDERFUL couple who also didn't have anyone in their session. We talked the whole time and plan to get together again. So God knows and He is GOOD!

7 comments:

Taylor said...

So glad to hear the good news! Praise Jesus!

On Purpose said...

Oh Jami this is so awesome! I know He spoke through you, and spoke the hearts who needed to hear His message. What a wonderful praise report. Thank you for sharing this.

Leah said...

Awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Thankful your speech went well and also for the opportunity you had to meet the new couple. All part of His timing. :) teresa c

sarah.flyingkites said...

Thanks for the update...I was wondering how it went. Praise the Lord! Was it taped?! I would LOVE to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jami, on your talk! And LIVING YOUR DREAM! Wow...that's happy news!

Tami said...

jami...I thought of you on Saturday 'cause I was up in Chicago having been to Moody the night before. I almost called you, but realized I don't have your number in my new phone. Anyway, I thought of you and said a prayer. I'm sure Clint enjoyed being your "audience of one"...:) Glad to hear it all worked out and that it went well.
see you on tuesday if not before! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin