Thursday, February 12, 2009

Martin knew, Mommy!!

Hello friends!!

The other day Paige brought home a great book from school called "Martin's Big Words" by Doreen Rappaport. It's about the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

As we were reading it together - we talked a lot about racism in our country. About how many of the white people of those days had such hate in their hearts for black people.

It was a great opportunity to share with Paige and to talk about how God made all of us. He made us all different and that is incredibly special and good!

As we came to the end of the book, part of his famous "I Have A Dream" speech was quoted.

I couldn't believe what I read: (And remember we're adopting a black baby from Alabama)

"I have a dream that one day in Alabama little

black boys and black girls will join

hands with little white boys and white

girls as sisters and brothers."

I was immediately filled with emotion, "Paige!! That's us!!"

She looked up at me with glee and said "Mommy!!! Martin knew! Martin knew!!"

"No Paige, GOD knew! And I think He just gave us a gift today!"

What an incredibly personal God we serve!! I just can't get enough of Him!

He can't wait to speak personally to each one of us. Let's ask Him to reveal Himself to us today...He will do it!

Praise Him!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jami-
That is so special and exciting. Praise God for his miracles!
-Christa

Jessica said...

That is so precious!

sarah.flyingkites said...

That is amazing! Seriously! What a neat opportunity to explain this to her. PTL!

Tami said...

what a neat gift!!! i would right that one down!...oh wait, you did, but you know what i mean. :) for your box of rememberance!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jami, That is so wonderful & fits our "Baskin Robbins" family (as some one put it at the adoption class the other day) as well. I was also thinking of the song....Jesus Loves the little Children, all the children of the world Red & Yellow, Black & White. They are precious in his site. Jesus loves the little children of the world.
Linda Schuhmacher

On Purpose said...

Loved hearing this perfect personal God moment...thank you for sharing. He is alive and talking to His precious children, because He loves and adores them!

Mikes Sumondong said...

Wow! That's one cute story. God bless you and your family.

-http://your-dailyword.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin