Friday, May 22, 2009

This journey...

Hello friends -

I have always wanted to keep my blog real. I want you to know that you are not alone and with the adoption I want you to get a full picture of what the journey is like.

Well, it's emotional!

I have to say that ever since those 2 crazy weeks with the babies - I feel emotionally drained. I have never doubted that God is in control. I love Him with all my heart and have felt His presence. He has taught me so much and I know He is molding me into who He wants me to be. I have a lot of growing to do and I praise Him that He is so faithful and loving.

But, my heart longs for my baby. I am more accutely aware of babies everywhere. Our life is busy - so busy right now and we know that a fourth child will only add to that. So in many ways, it's a blessing that he/she isn't here yet. We're going on a missions trip the second week of June and so that has consumed a lot of our energy. Once that's over - things will get back to the normal busy but not crazy busy!

I feel weak and tired in many ways but also have hope and joy - I am so thankful that God is my source of strength! He has blessed me in many ways and I have much to be grateful for. This weekend away being one!

Thank you for all of your love and support. Your prayers mean so much. God is faithful and He is completely trustworthy! I know that there are many of you going through trials right now - please let me pray for you. It would be an honor. Email me if you want. God bless you my dear friends!

4 comments:

Leah said...

I will be praying for some renewal for you.

You already know my situation and even though our situations are different the feelings are so similar. Each month, I feel like I hit an emotional low and then slowly I regain hope only to again hit the low. God is teaching me to let go. I seem to be a slow learner!

I very much appreciate your openness to share your struggles (and joys) with all of us. In a way, it helps to feel like I am not alone.

Lifting you up tonight.

Sissy said...

I can certainly testify to the fact that adoption is a rollercoaster of emotions. A little more than a week ago I was on a high, but now I am in a valley. It is a journey, and one that is not straight or easy. I pray that we both come through it.

Mamarazzi said...

beautiful, and real...thanks for that!

I am Mamarazzi and I am a Welcomista from SITS. I am here to welcome you to the SITStahood! You are going to LOVE this amazing community of women.

Stop at Dandelion Wishes and say hello and if you like follow me. I do a drawing for fun prizes each month EXCLUSIVELY from my list of followers...just for following, no need to stop in and comment everyday (though you might wanna, but who has time?) just follow...pretty cool right?! yeah, that's how I roll.

Amy said...

I am praying for you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin