Monday, May 11, 2009

What a God!

Dear friends - I am so thankful for your prayers and support. Thank you.

This weekend has not been easy. It's been a constant battle to redirect my thoughts to Him. I am trying to guard my heart, yet I am so weak. Praise God, He is strong!

Last night I kind of had a melt down.

Clint directed me to Jesus. "Jami have you spent much time with Him today? He always makes you feel better. Go to Him."

So I pulled myself off the floor and fell on my knees. I prayed for His supernatural peace to flood my soul and you know what, He did! Why do I doubt?

Almost immediately I felt hope. I felt strength. I was given a renewed perspective.

Even as I write this, I want you to know I'm not trying to over dramatize things. I know that there are people suffering and I'm just having to wait a few days. Really, I am just so weak. I am so thankful He meets us right where we are though. His love is overwhelming at times!

The Lord has spoken to me through 2nd Corinthians throughout these past 2 weeks in mighty ways and I am now as Clint calls me "a 2nd Corinthians junkie!" Last night I read chapter 7 vs. 1.

Dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.

What I realized is that I had tried to satisfy my soul with other things besides God. Yesterday I just wanted to make it through. I watched TV, I ate, I napped, I read a book, I prayed (mostly all on my couch) BUT my soul craved for more of Him. Instead of running to Him I thought I'm too tired and too weak to get my Bible. I'm ashamed to admit it but that's the truth.

I heard His voice and I said "Not now, later..."

And soon after - I had a meltdown.

But praise God for His love, patience and mercy!

What a lesson. The bottom line is NOTHING, nothing, nothing will satisfy our needs except Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can fill us. Today, already I was feeling overwhelmed by this whole situation. I almost called a friend....but instead I called on my BEST friend and this is what He said.

Once again this is from 2nd Corinthians 1.

We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure... But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God. We have placed our confidence in Him, and He will continue to rescue us.

What a God! Thank you all for your continued prayers. I'll definitely let you know when I know something!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I've checked the blog several times already this morning. I've been doing that instead of calling, in case this was happening I didn't want to get in the way. I wanted you to know I've been thinking of you, but I didn't want to call if you were still waiting and struggling. So, please know it's not because I am not been thinking about you that I haven't called.

You encourage me toward Jesus. Thank you. I am going to go spend my own time with him now.

Prayers for you and the baby's mom, for whatever she is going through, will be on my lips.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say hello and WELCOME to the SITS community - we're so glad you've joined us!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin