I got this email today.
Jami, Just called you and your line was busy.
I spoke to another BM counselor. I think I told you there was a BM Reunion event this weekend that the BM counselors worked at. One of them told me that the BM's family is all over her about placing the baby for adoption and want her to parent. Apparently, Sommer was constantly getting cell phone calls from family members about it. That's probably why she didn't want to talk to me about it.
This happens a lot Jami. The family wants the BM to place but is not willing to help her with the baby. Or they promise they will help but don't. I just hate that you are caught on the sidelines waiting and wondering. Another reason we like to keep things under wraps until we can place the baby. The emotional rollercoaster.....
YOUR baby may be in some BM's womb right now, or about to be. This part of the journey is the hardest, but also a time of learning through trust.
For right now, assume that she has changed her mind unless we hear differently.
May God bless your week.
Karen
So it's time to move on - again. I've had so many different emotions but I'm thankful that I now know what's going on. Of course I have disappointment, questions, tears, but also hope, joy, and peace. I know His plan is better.
This is what He's saying to me, The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul the seeketh Him. Lamentation 3:22
All I know is that when we get OUR baby, I've got a story to tell him or her!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Jami, I know you must be hurting right now and we will be praying for you and for the birth mother.
Kirsten
Praying, friend. -jess
jami,
i'm trying not to be on my computer today...but i couldn"t help but check in. i'm so sorry that these past 2 weeks have been so crazy! wow! definitely not a script you could have a created!
hang in there...you are where you are supposed to be...drawing closer to Him!
We went through this a couple of times when we knew there were a couple of BMs looking at our profile book. Our agency normally wouldn't tell us we were being looked at, but in these instances they needed to tell us. It was hard knowing that a week would go by and there would be no phone call. I can totally relate to being bummed out and tired. It is quite a rollercoaster.
Even now as we wait for our baby, there are small thoughts in the back of my mind saying "she can change her mind up to seven days after she's born." Ugh. My stomach is all in knots and I am dreading those seven days. I know I am going to be in prayer constantly during that time.
Praying for you
Aww, friend (( hug )). Awesome verse to be meditating on. I need to do the same.
Thank you for sharing how God is teaching you!
Praying for you--
Jami, I hope you feel this cyber hug. I'm sorry that you're having to go through this difficult ordeal, but I'm confident that God has the very best in store for you.
Praying for your family. Maybe every baby that comes into your life like that baby girl, you can adopt in prayer too.
Jami...prayers are with you and your family on this crazy journey of adoption...God's perfect Plan
By the way...we had dinner with the Moser's last night and learned the connection you have to them; what a small world!
Found you today through Sissy. I'm keeping you both in my prayers. Waiting almost seems like torture until the moment you meat the child God has intended for you. Everything will finally make sense and the wait will have been sooo worth it. My husband and I are starting our second adoption journey. In fact, we attended an all day seminar today and are completely wiped out emotionally. That said, coming home to our first adopted daughter tonight was like finding heaven all over again.
I can't even fathom the roller coaster.
You, and your certainly expanding family, are in my thoughts and prayers.
Em (welcomista from SiTS)
Post a Comment