My firstborn is in 1st grade. 1st grade!
First day of school I had placed a box of crayons in her backpack so she could color on the bus per her request. Right before getting to school she accidentally spilled the entire box. When I asked her how she handled that situation, I was so blessed by her answer.
"I asked Jesus to help me and He made 2 kids help me pick them up!"
I just love that my little Paige called on the Lord in her time of need. Instead of crying or giving up, she asked Him for help. I can't be with her all the time but HE will never leave her. I love that she is understanding this life changing truth!
There are times as a mommy when I feel like crying and even giving up because of the challenging behaviors of my kids. This morning was one of those times actually. But the Lord reminded me many times today that He is here and that He will meet ALL my needs. Thank You Jesus!
Whether you are dealing with kid issues, a stressful work load, overflowing laundry baskets, or even a spilled box of crayons, I pray that you will call on Him today. He is the only One who can and will meet your every need. Just ask Him. He loves you!
"We pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father." (Col. 1:11)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Even when she spills her crayons
Labels: life lessons, life with kids, what a PERSONAL God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love when our kids get Him. So sweet. I met you at She Speaks '08 with Kelley from Aroma of Joy. :)
Aww, so wonderful to hear that about Paige's day!
I hope your day tomorrow is smoother. :)
I pray my daughter will call on God in times of need. Tomorrow is her open house/meet the teacher at preschool. Tuesday is her first day of class. I will be saying tons of prayers! Loved this heartfelt and honest post as always.
That's just amazing! Yea Paige! And she looks so grown up!!!
Post a Comment