Yesterday I came to the Lord with a lot on my mind. I was feeling overwhelmed and honestly struggling with frustration, anger, and insecurity over a situation. The "situation" wasn't a huge deal, but I didn't like how big it was becoming to me.
The Lord has been teaching me some lessons lately about rest. In the past month it's become very clear to me that I had too much going on and so after much prayer, I have made some cuts in my schedule.
I was teaching 4 times a week at the gym and starting in September, I'll be teaching only once a week. That was a hard decision to make. Also I told the family that I babysat last year - the family that I dearly love - that I couldn't watch their kids this year. That was also a hard decision to make. For 8 years I was involved with Wednesday night programs at church. This year I have the opportunity to just sit and be fed by the Word. I'm not sure yet how that's going to feel.
I now know that the Lord was preparing me for an opportunity to serve Him in another way. This opportunity would not have been a possibility if I hadn't made some serious cuts to my schedule. God has opened the door for me to be a part of a wonderful ministry to women. Once a month (Sep - Nov), I will be teaching from "The Uncommon Woman" by Susie Larson. This is a book that God used mightily in my life and now I get to teach from it! Wow Lord!
(If you are local and want more info about this, email me.)
To me the 2 main themes of this book are: (1)Finding freedom from insecurity and people pleasing by accepting the fact that you are loved, chosen, and called by God (2) Refusing to live on the low road of gossip and pettiness but rather walk the uncommon way
Anyway, it's interesting because ever since I committed to be a part of this, I've struggled more than normal with insecurity, people pleasing, critical thinking.
Yesterday I was looking forward to my time with the Lord because I knew I needed His wisdom and instruction. I poured out my issues to Him and I begged Him to come near and fill me. Briefly doubt flickered through my mind, "Will He really speak?" But because I know Him and have seen His faithfulness so many times, I refused to think that way and instead told Him "I expect to hear from You Lord. Right now."
Friends, He continues to blow me away! First thing I read was "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." (Matt. 11:28) I smiled a thankful smile and read on. As usual He met me today in such a personal, real way. He comforted me, He chastised me, He encouraged me. The verses I read over the next 2 chapters addressed every issue I was struggling with that day.
As I sat on my porch, I just leaned my head back, opened my hands to him and prayed, "I let go. I let go of this anger, frustration, I forgive. I let go of this insecurity, worry, anxiety. I let go."
There is such peace and freedom that comes from letting go. Logically that doesn't make sense but it's so very true. It's hard because for some reason we want to hold tightly to "our way" or "our plans" but it's so worth it. So today I'm going to be praying for you. Praying that you will let go of whatever it is that has it's hold on you and experience ALL that He has for you!
I'd love to pray specifically for you if you have a request you want to share. Just email me (click "email me" on the sidebar) :)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Letting Go
Labels: life lessons, what a PERSONAL God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i always super struggle with people pleasing...not with saying "yes" to everything but worrying about what they think of me...i think most women struggle with looking for approval from somewhere else.
your study sounds great...sorry i can't come! :)
Jami...I cannot thank you enough for 'sharing' the Uncommon Woman with me. I read every word of that book..at such a PERFECT time...God sure knew what He was doing when He asked Susie to write that book! I loved that book...and also felt very strongly that the message has to be shared...and then I visit here today...and am dancing in excitement that you my beautiful friend will lead others to find freedom...freedom in living life the way Jesus intended them to do. Oh consider yourself prayed for my friend strongly...and please send specific prayer requests...I would feel honored to lift you up in this journey! And as you have already felt...Satan will be sitting pretty close by...cause he doesn't want God's daughters to hear this message...my prayer is you keep your heart beating with Jesus...hold tight to His hand...and know you are loved by Him immensly! Love you my friend!
thanks for sharing that Jami - I'm kind of at that "critical balance" part of my life where I don't think I can safely add one more thing to my plate. It's under control for now, but it definitely means I'm too busy already (not just that I'll be too busy when something else comes along). I've got to get on a bit of a schedule diet myself, but it's been hard to figure out what needs to go. I'm at least learning to say no to new stuff!
Beautiful.
Post a Comment