Sunday, August 16, 2009

2 years ago...

2 years ago today, we landed in Guatemala (after a seriously stressful trip - part one and part two) with butterflies in our stomach's. We got to the hotel and anxiously awaited the "call" to let us know Hudson was downstairs! I'll never forget the moment when he became ours forever!

Today is my little man's Gotcha Day!!

Oh how I love him!

Hudson's face full of delight as we sang to him!
Tonight all five of us sat on the couch and celebrated Hudson.

We sang him a little love song, each told him what we appreciated about him and watched his adoption videos again. While he watched, Hudson giggled at himself and other times he watched very intently. Oh I wonder if he has any memory of that time. (To see his Adoption Videos, click here.)
g
When Hudson's foster mama walked away with him in the visit trip video, Raegan (with emotion in her voice) asked "Did Hudson cry when she took him away?"

We explained that Hudson didn't really know what was going on at that time because he was so little. We told her that he was happy and his foster mama loved him very much.

But Raegan started wiping her eyes and said, "I have tears in my eyes!"

And then she just wept and wept. Real, heartfelt tears streamed down her sweet face as she watched. Oh my precious Raegan. Such emotion. Such heart.

These are the moments that make this mommy happy, very happy indeed.

My family. Together. Home.

6 comments:

smw said...

very sweet. :)

Kristy said...

Oh, so sweet. Hudson, we love you! : )

Linda Schuhmacher said...

I can totally relate Jami, those moments are treasured & held dear for life.

So Happy Wishes from our Family to Hudson on his Gotcha Day!!

Linda Schuhmacher

Leah said...

So precious. I love it!

Daish said...

That's heart warming. :)

Jess said...

Yea!!!! I got tears in my eyes for Reagan!!! How amazing is that!

Happy Friendship Anniversary too!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin