Hello friends ~
Today I got some disappointing news. On Friday, we found out that a birth mother (due to have a baby girl in Sept) was looking at adoptive family profiles, ours being one.
Well, today we found out that she chose another family.
I'm thankful that we found out quickly. I'm also thankful that (with the help of my husband) didn't allow myself to dream...too much...about the possibility of this being our baby. Mostly though, I'm thankful that I have a very real and personal God who I can pour out my disappointment to.
I am bummed but not crushed. How can I be when all I ultimately want is His will. He knows the plan - I don't. Truly, I have no clue what the plan is but I know Him and with His help I will continue to trust.
He met me today in such a personal way.
I've been reading through Hebrews and the first thing I saw today was Hebrews 10:35-36.
"So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised."
He is the Great Encourager, my friends!
We know that the Lord has directed us down this adoption path but He has never promised us a baby at the end of the road. What He has promised is that He will never leave me. He has also promised me abundant life in Him! I will continue to hope that if it's His will, our profile will be shown soon and we will be chosen but my HOPE lies in Him alone.
I continued reading in Hebrews - not looking for answers but just because I didn't want to stop and when I got to chapter 12, verse 25 popped out at me. "Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking." After reading that, I just kind of stopped and looked over to the next page which was a devotional. I had underlined this line days before but when I read it today, my breath caught in my throat.
"It's the same love that tells you NO that tells you YES."
Friends, we serve such a personal God! He cares about you and me. If I had chosen to go to a friend, family member, food, TV...anything besides Him to ease my disappointment today (which I've done before), I would have missed experiencing his personal, PERSONAL touch.
I can't praise Him enough for loving me and being so close! I'm praying that you will seek Him today and allow Him to fill the deep longings in your soul. Only He can.
I love you, my friends!
Monday, August 3, 2009
When God says "no"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You are beautiful...and because He lives in you and through you too are a GREAT ENCOURAGER.
Praying for and with you..knowing God has GREAT things for you and your family!
Oh, Jami. Praying for you guys- thankful for what God has done and excited for what He will do! : )
Oh Jami - you are practicing the presence of praise...and in this instance, it is truly a sacrifice. Thanks for sharing so that we know how to pray.
I really enjoyed this post. Your words were so encouraging.
Post a Comment