Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's just how the second child learns

My poor Raegan - I just don't get around to teaching her like I did with our firstborn Paige.

h
I remember when Rae was about 18 months old, my sister - in - law was asking her son (who was a few months younger) to show us his impression of a cow, horse, dog - you know the drill - which he did quite well. It was at that moment that I realized, I had FORGOTTEN to teach Raegan the basic animal sounds!!
f
Poor second born.
f
As Paige (firstborn) got older, I was quick to bring out the worksheets with letters so she could learn and excel and you know all that - which she did quite well but Raegan, well - I just haven't gotten around to it.
d
The good news: I have a firstborn daughter who is happy to teach her sister. Yesterday in quiet time, under the tutelage of big sis, Raegan wrote several letters. Up to this point, she's basically only written "R."
f
So she's pretty excited about that!
f
And Paige is pretty proud of her sister!
i
As for me, I'm simply cherishing the moment!
g
For more Tuesday's Unwrapped visit my friend Emily at Chatting at the Sky.

10 comments:

jenn said...

such sweet girls!! I completely understand--the time to focus on each one dindles with each additional child. They learn so much from each other though--that is what is so fun!

Me said...

SO sweet! I love them!

Amy said...

Isn't it wonderful when the older child teaches the younger child. I have three girls and I cherish these moments.

Unknown said...

Honestly, this is a picture of a very big blessing. They'll learn the rote academic stuff in good time, the love stuff ... treasure

Kelli said...

Precious when the older sibling teaches the younger!! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this exact thing happens in my house. It's amazing how much the second picks up from the first. And what a blessing, really. Because otherwise my poor second-born would never learn anything! ;)

Anonymous said...

too sweet! i love the sister connection!

julie@jam-n-jilly.blogspot.com

Kristy said...

I LOVE her expression in the first pic!! Too funny!

Sharone said...

Your little girls are so precious together! :)

Kathy Schwanke said...

Total cuteness! It is a typical thing. My sister (who is the 5th in our family) laments not having photos of just her, of not having attention...but God provides. It is good for big sister to participate in training little sister.

Funny, I am the oldest, and I seem to fall into the big sister role alot! I have several young people that I mentor.

God bless you and your sweet family!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin