This morning as we were about to head out the door, I found Paige in her room wearing my glasses. (Glasses that I ONLY wear before bed or first thing in the morning before putting in my contacts.)
Me: Come on Paige, we need to go. Why are you wearing my glasses?? Take them off now.
Paige: Mommy, I want to see you in your glasses. Will you put them on?
Me: Paige, we are just about to leave. You have seen me in my glasses hundreds of times.
Paige: But that's when you look like a monster. I've never seen you in glasses when your hair is in a ponytail.
Me: Did you just say m.o.n.s.t.e.r.?
Paige: Yep!
Me: Oh my.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Kids, they'll keep you humble!
Labels: life with kids, the unexpected
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
love it :)
Yesterday I said something made me look chunky and Jadon picked up on it and said "mama chunky" a bunch of times over and over again. I learned that lesson.
That's pretty funny that she came up with "monster" on her own. I am sure you look beautiful!
that's just kind of great :) oh paige... i guess she hasn't quite reached the age where she learns tact :)
I had to go back and catch up on a couple of posts, but it has been a busy summer here as well. When the adoption fell through, I wasn't sure what God would do with my summer. It turned out to be very healing and restful, although the last couple of weeks have been emotional. Three friends have found out they were pregnant, and all three used the same drug I did (and I had no results.) I hate having a pity party for myself, and I am determined to be gracious. I pray, "help me to be gracious." All the time.
I had to giggle at this. :) How can you not smile at this?! Kid's perspectives!
Hope you are well!
Post a Comment