Yesterday was kind of crazy. I got an email from our social worker asking if I could send more profiles ASAP. There is another birth mom (due in January) who is ready to look at profiles and we don't have any more left. This is the 4th birth mom to look at our profile since September 1st!
I ran right out to Fed Ex/Kinkos. After making copies and binding them, I shipped them off. 30 minutes and ~$90.00 later, they were off! They should land in Birmingham, Alabama today before 10:30 a.m. Whoo hoo!
This birth mom looked at some profiles yesterday and will see ours tomorrow!
So the journey continues!
Will you pray with me for this dear birth mom and for her baby? Prayers for wisdom, clarity, and peace. I would love for her to be lifted up as she makes this most difficult decision. I can't imagine what she is feeling right now.
I would be absolutely excited if this was our baby, absolutely... BUT I know now more than ever that it very well might not be our time. I am trusting in the Lord's timing, in His will. I truly want to learn whatever He wants to teach me through this.
I want to make the most of this season. To LIVE life to the fullest and not just sit and wait.
(Side note: Yesterday I wasn't quite living to the fullest, I was very irritable - not adoption related...just hormones I believe! In fact, I apologized to Raegan for being so grouchy and what did she say? "You're always grouchy." Ouch! Hopefully that's not true! Oh how I need the Lord!!) :)
But the point is, I don't want to settle. Recently, we went to an amusement park where I rode an amazing roller coaster! Feeling safe in my harness I let go, raised my hands in the air, and enjoyed every drop and turn. It was so thrilling, so exciting, so much fun!
Though this roller coaster ride called adoption hasn't been fun necessarily, it has been quite a ride. And I'm learning that with the arms of Jesus wrapped tightly around me, I have nothing to fear. So I am letting go, raising my hands in the air, and trusting in Him.
Whatever happens, I want to live life abundantly! Loving Him and loving others is what it's all about. So I want to be focused on that.
So we'll see, my friends!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Adoption Update, Please Pray
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Praying for you Jami. Love, J
Praying everyday!
Mom
Hi Jami! I will be praying for such an exciting adventure! Love the roller coaster analogy!
We are praying for you!
We're praying for you!
Praying for you for sure!
Yes, it is quite the ride, and I'm ready to get off. LOL. I want to be holding my baby soon, but I can continue to trust Him. I have to trust Him.
Wait...knowing He is working...for God is NEVER inactive!
I love you my friend!
Hi Jami,
I just want you to know I continue to pray. Your choosen one is just waiting for God's time.
Shine for Jesus, Linda
Great analogy of letting go on the roller coaster! I've never thought about it that way.
Still praying for you, birthmothers and your baby.
Post a Comment