Happy Monday, my friends!
Last night our family went out to one of our favorite restaurants, Schlotzkys Deli! As we were eating Clint started asking Paige some questions. Somehow we got on the subject of habits which then moved on to whining and the bad habit that they sometimes have with whining. :)
Paige - our 6 year old said "Well, kids have a bad habit with whining, but grownups have a bad habit of being grouchy."
Us? Grouchy? Never!
She went on to say that we are grouchy whenever we wake up from taking a nap and when we wake up in the morning! "We kids wouldn't be so whiny if you weren't so grouchy."
I guess she has a point! :)
I remember someone saying that you should always wake up before your kids because then you can welcome them into your day instead of being instantly frustrated by them interrupting your sleep.
Most of the time, they are my alarm and it's true I am often grouchy about it. The days that I do get up early, the entire morning runs so much smoother. Have you found this to be true in your home?
You know the old saying "If Mama aint' happy, aint' nobody happy." Isn't that the truth?! More consistently than not, my attitude directly affects my family. The way I welcome my husband home sets a tone for the evening. The amount of patience I display when guiding my kids through the day, affects how quick (or not) they are to obey.
Of course, I am not responsible for the individual choices my family makes but by design, the way I respond to them does affect them. That's a big responsibility and one I can't do it alone!
I desperately need Jesus. I need Him to fill me throughout the day so that His love can overflow onto my family and those around me. I need His patience, His perspective, and His grace when I mess up.
May we make time with Him a priority today. Not as another item to check off the list but because we need Him. He's got a plan and purpose for us today! Let's be purposeful this week.
Monday, October 19, 2009
It's not easy being a mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Jami, I am usually up at 7 am every morning. Mostly because 3 days out of the week I am at the gym by 9 am and another day at a bible study class. It is usually easier when i am up before them, especially if I can get my quite time in before they wake up - that is truly the best. But occasionally little Miss Addie wakes me up from her crying to get out of her crib. My first thought is ughhh! So I would agree, if I am up before them, it seems to be better! Hope this helps ;)
This is SO true!! I struggle with this even more now that I have a kid that wakes up before 7 most mornings (jadon used to sleep till 9!). I am a night owl, so I am constantly not going to bed early enough to get up on the right side of the bed after my "alarms" go off. This is one of the most difficult things of being a mom for me!
Jami-
I have found it to be the same for me. If I'm up before the kid's, the day goes so much better. Tim and I have challenged eachother to both get out of bed at 6:30. At first I don't like getting out of bed, but it helps so much when we push eachother out. Unfortunately, Jack has been helping with that these mornings...and yes I am grouchy. Oops!
Christa
Post a Comment